Help with Shimano front derailleur

Hezza

Devout Dirtbag
My wife kindly bought me a 1990 Marin Pine Mountain to keep me occupied. It had been stripped of both front and rear derailleur as well as the original breaks. It did come with a bag of bits including the original derailleurs. I did manage, through retro bike, to get replacement breaks but there is as issue with the front derailleur.

The plan is to restore to catalogue spec. Unfortunately there seems to be a missing bolt to attach the band to the main body of the front derailleur. This is the first time I have come across this type of attaching the derailleur to the frame. If anybody could advise I would be thankful. I have attached a picture of how it looks at the moment.

Attachments

• IMG_20230403_195448_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230403_195448_HDR.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 16
Hi,
Thanks for this, would you have any idea where I could get one?

Regards
You need this bit; the notched plate and spring. You're welcome to this one for the cost of postage, but it might mean a bit of a wait as I'm in Indonesia. PM me if you can't find one closer.
IMG_20230404_094548.jpg

You need this bit; the notched plate and spring. You're welcome to this one for the cost of postage, but it might mean a bit of a wait as I'm in Indonesia. PM me if you can't find one closer.
View attachment 727394
Thanks you for the pic and your kind offer. Time is not an issue for me so while I will try and source one nearer I may be in contact with you about this if that is ok?

Back