Help with Marin frame numbers please!

Re:

Hello Marin chaps

Looking at a local bike , seller thinks it is a late 80's palisades.

He's given me the number A8804 90883

Mean anything ?

Thanks

H :)

The second splattern Muirwoods I did buy has frame number A90680471, so begining is same as the other big framed, but the end 471 says its made same before the other, right?

This frame is size 17,5 I would say.

Re:

Hey guys, Paul here from NZ. . . . yea sorry, I am resurrecting an old thread, but well,
:roll: :p :LOL:

I bought this frame off of a auction site here in NZ
Serial Number : A11AA0035 on the BB with A3 in one of the drop outs, according to a thread on here the 1 would indicate model being a Marin Team from 91? someone may be able to enlighten further.
One thing that I can not match with any photos online is the rear brake cable stop it is right behind the seat post and triangular shaped rather than curved like most of the early 90's Marins.
It also does not have the Marin lite drop outs? It has the same drop outs as my '95 Pine Mountain, and '98 Bolinas ridge all having Marin cast into dropout in the normal manner. My '92 Muirwoods on the other hand has the Marin lite drop out with the recessed inside.

Re:

I picked up a Marin Rocky Ridge from my LBS the other day and am trying to find some info on it. I have searched for serial number info and it is a bit confusing- my number is F439KAB003...
P6274552.jpg

P6274554.jpg

P6274565.jpg

P6264551.jpg

P6274557.jpg

P6274556.jpg

Thanks!

Re:

Hi guys,

I'm currently looking at buying a Marin polished frame bike (I have a 19" 93/94 Muirwoods which I love) and is still going strong... the frame number on the one i'm looking at is: G34000030

If anyone is able to help with this it would be greatly appreciated. It appears to have yellow rst381r forks and all decals are missing. Ritchey complite and forcelite stem/handlebars...

Re: Re:

poxxxy":3bw3cop7 said:
Hi guys,

I'm currently looking at buying a Marin polished frame bike (I have a 19" 93/94 Muirwoods which I love) and is still going strong... the frame number on the one i'm looking at is: G34000030

If anyone is able to help with this it would be greatly appreciated. It appears to have yellow rst381r forks and all decals are missing. Ritchey complite and forcelite stem/handlebars...

If it's this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161764553425 , I doubt it's a Marin because Marin never did the cables across the top to the top tube

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

also resurrecting an old thread.
bought a bear valley SE for £15 basically as a friend wanted the rapid fire shifters. ended giving him the front mech, rear mechs as well. the chainrings were shot.
so the plan is to run it as single speed and i'm nearly there apart from the bloody seatpost...size?
i thought i took a 27.2mm out (it was missing the clamp) but the one i have is too large and so is my 27mm.
the frame number is M42CA0157 so from that it's Eldridge grade in 1992?
26.4mm seatpost?

Palisades and BV used 26.2 seatposts - a complete pain to find and almost impossible for a nice post. USE plus shim is simplest.

The BVSE should have the same frame as an Eldridge / Pine Mtn. There are plenty of examples of Eldridge-numbered frames baing painted up as BVSEs. IIRC the seatpost is 26.8.

Back