Help with German ebay purchase

horshamhornet

Devout Dirtbag
I have emailed the seller of some decals in germany but not had any reply to the question of him posting to the Uk, is there any really helpful German retrobikers who I could get them posted to who would send them on to me?

Germany

Hi Buddy,

Although i dont live in germany anymore i have several mountain biking buddies over there who will help no problems. (they have collected & mailed parts to me previously)

Let me know what you need and i will see if i can sort something out.

Regards,

Nick

Hi Nick, I have pm'd you but think I might have sorted it now, I entered a new postage address using Germany as my country on ebay and the bid has now been accepted :D
Fingers crossed :LOL: :LOL:

horshamhornet":2dyb6d5n said:
Hi Nick, I have pm'd you but think I might have sorted it now, I entered a new postage address using Germany as my country on ebay and the bid has now been accepted :D
Fingers crossed :LOL: :LOL:

Your bid might be accepted now, but check whether the seller has PayPal if you win the item (many German sellers don't, because they don't trust their personal info to cowboys; and because they're too mean to pay the fees, cos domestic bank transfers are free :D ).

Without PayPal, you might have to pay by international bank transfer; could be expensive;

And if your registered Ebay address is outside Germany, Ebay's payment system will probably not divulge the sellers bank info on-screen, so you'll need to inform him (?) of that & request his IBAN & SWIFT info by using the Ebay messaging system. Can get complicated.

This is exactly what has happened, I won the auction but no paypal option :?

Have emailed the seller for bank details and just waiting for reply, didn't know it would cost extra for a transfer? I send money admittedly in UK by bank transfer and there is normally no charge for this?

Back