Help with Colnago frame details

SuperPrestige

Retro Newbie
Hi there, looking for some help with some details on a Colnago frame I've come across and the associated knowledge on these boards.

I've stumbled across what appears at first sight to be a restored Colnago Master. Now, I do have a fair amount of knowledge of bikes but have to admit my Colnago knowledge is sketchy at best.

Can anyone provide me with any details based on the pictures, i.e. if it is legit, year, tubing etc. First glance it seems ok. No bent tubing, lugs seem good, stamps and pantographs etc but as I said, I'm out of my depth when it comes to these.

Any help hugely appreciated. Thanks in advance.

it certainly looks like a Master
Does it have an internal or external rear bake? i.e. are there 2 cable guides brazed onto the top tube,
The frame number is on the r/h rear wheel drop out.
chris

Normally there should be some stamping on the dropouts but with all that paint you can't seem to detect anything but it does look like a master

I had a 1986 master. It had curved forks and a cloverleaf cut out on the bottom bracket. Later models had straight forks. If it has Gilco(square) tubes it's definitely a master. They still build them now. It probably is a 90's model but the frame number should tell you.

Back