Help please! - Alternatives to 7sp Suntour Accushift Plus freewheel

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Wow! That's quite the read! It's the generation before my stuff, but much applies - including the bit on page 6 about freewheel spacing - which is where Shimano and Suntour differ.

I guess I will just have to play about until I find something that works. As it's a complete groupset (minus the rear mech), I'd rather not start swapping parts, though.

Thanks for the info!

The suntour cog spacing does change a bit up and down the cassette but perhaps giving the jockey wheels a bit of room as in Shimano's 2mm of top jockey movement might help or play around with the spacing on the freewheel, they do come apart (eventually)

I've contacted someone here, who might have a Suntour one that won't cost more than the bike! Problem with eBay is that I live in Denmark, so that one you shared, would have nearly £40 added in postage, duty and taxes. Even more if PostNord decide to open the package to check it!!

I have some Command Shifters as well - there was a guy who machined some 10-speed plates, but the price was extremely high, so mine are still in the packet, waiting for a project.

I think I might have to run this Centurion with friction gears - I am not paying eBay prices for a Suntour freewheel!
I saw that and was tempted, but I think he sold out of them. I figured if they're the same as microshift I'd just wait until some 10 speed bar ends came on the used market and buy them up to convert.

The suntour cog spacing does change a bit up and down the cassette but perhaps giving the jockey wheels a bit of room as in Shimano's 2mm of top jockey movement might help or play around with the spacing on the freewheel, they do come apart (eventually)
I'm running suntour shifters and shimano mechs with shimano cassette and while it worksish, it doesn't bring any joy.

Back