Help Identifying a Tange Prestige Frame

How far from you is the shop? , up for very gentle chatty slow rides.
I'm being nagged to get some people out riding, which means I'll have to ride again. Been off the bike for way too long.
Hi, I am actually in Scunthorpe so a bit of a trek in he car for a ride, but near in national terms. Are you thinking north of Beverley or more Swanland area? Bear in mind this will be fully rigid as per the Merlin.

It looks like a copy of a 1994 DiamondBack Axis, similar finish, same cable routing - but wrong frame number, wrong type of steel and no cantilever stop - so it's 1997 or later.
The frame number is most likely WS7050221 - unsure what that other number is. The first '7' in the frame number would assume a 1997 but the WS is unknown at this point.
Thanks for the indo Sam. I hadn't thought about the cantilever stop so will have to go the V brake route and leave the cantis for the MS Racing Comp XT frameset I have to refurbish.

Your down near @longun then, it a 40min drive ish.
It would be Welton (easy to park) or the bridge or southbank or....

Bearing in mind that's all we also ride,though I do let myself have a bit of suspension.

It's just a chat social ride on easy ground of short length.

In fact you can see the riding area in old rides.
Ignoring the wider area rides.

Last edited:
Your down near @longun then, it a 40min drive ish.
It would be Welton (easy to park) or the bridge or southbank or....

Bearing in mind that's all we also ride,though I do let myself have a bit of suspension.

It's just a chat social ride on easy ground of short length.

In fact you can see the riding area in old rides.
Ignoring the wider area rides.

Sounds like fun. 👍

Back