Hello from East Yorkshire

AndyRC

Dirt Disciple
Hi.

I live in Beverley, East Yorkshire, and I’ve been riding Cadex or Giant since I got into road cycling over 25 years ago after quite a while on MTB. All my current bikes are new(ish) but I’m now looking to find another Cadex or early TCR Compact as a winter project , I’d also be interested in an MCR if I can find one.

I lived in the Telford and Shrewsbury for several years when I bought my first road bike , a Cadex CFR which I had built with an Ultegra Groupset by Parker International at their fantastic Bike Cave in the barn complex at Sheriffhales, sadly I believe the business closed when Frank Parker finally retired.

Thanks

Andy

Welcome :) Beverly Westwood was my old stomping ground for flying gliders and trying to do a bit of Cx

Midlife":274t1ai0 said:
Welcome :) Beverly Westwood was my old stomping ground for flying gliders and trying to do a bit of Cx

I think you can still fly a glider on The Westwood , providing you don’t land it on the cattle. Cycling isn’t permitted on The Westwood these days

I like to go to the Westwood resturant in Beverley... ;)

Welcome to the forum :)
I am also a fan of Giant bikes; I find that they are really good value.
If you are after a Giant, one to consider would be the ones used by Team ONCE. I had one of the aero frames from about 2003, the frame was alloy with carbon forks and the aero seat post, which built into a really good TT bike. I have seen these come up for sale from time to time, for not much money, about £100.
I still have an aero seat post which I would be happy to sell, however it is very long, I think it was one of the the longest ones you can get, size six (I think they offered seven or eight lengths).
You mention the MCR; the memory that springs to mind here would be Andy Wilkinson who used one to win the BBAR in 1996, with qualifying times for the three distances of 50 and 100 miles and 12 hours being individual competition records! It sticks in my mind as he had the STI levers mounted at the front of the bars. There is a really good picture of this on the legends of the time trial website (you will have to scroll across to get to the pictures of him on this bike):

https://www.ttlegends.org/men-cyclists/?mid=3851

Re:

Hello from me down the road and a few other around here too.

Still riding the Westwood, you never were permitted to ride in the wooded area's ;-)

Latest posts

Back