Hello all I need help please

ZG862":5795t1fq said:
Brake blocks: Check out Fibrax (who I think have an ebay shop) and I'm sure they still do something suitable.
I second this my carlton has some of these on and they work good. Well as good as flexible old brake callipers work anyway :LOL:

Came across these On Hilary Stone's site which are dated "1950s to 1970".
Thanks for the second Carlton_G: I seem to remember Mafac being fairly well thought of but I don't think I've ever had any so can't comment on how flexible they are, though I suspect the steel rims would be more of a factor in this case.

Still trying to figure out that head badge shape and drawing a blank. I don't think it is any form of Carlton. Probably not a Pinarello either. :evil:

Re:

Well this was fun, finally got the stem out but its nackered. All bent and cracked so ordered another one, also fork stem is bent but I'll try to straighten it, still not ID it yet as been ill with tooth absys. Here are some pics for fun.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200702_175717_com.estrongs.android.pop.pro.jpg
    Screenshot_20200702_175717_com.estrongs.android.pop.pro.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 205
  • Screenshot_20200702_175706_com.estrongs.android.pop.pro.jpg
    Screenshot_20200702_175706_com.estrongs.android.pop.pro.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 205
You're a brave man. I can see that setup resulting in a trip to A&E, so I hope you contracted the job out to an enemy.
Looks like those forks have been run over with a car - the gap between ends looks awfully narrow. I'm not a frame-builder but you may wish to take advice from one on how much you can bend the steel around before risking its structural integrity. I'd GUESS quite a bit for common or garden mild steel - the same is certainly not true for the fancy alloys.

Perhaps it would be wise to stick some new forks in?

Re:

Yeh I used a weighted blanket on top (special blanket with been bags sewn in for my autistic son) with some wood piled on, also thin steel cable through the hole in the forks and the stem as an arrestor incase it jumped out, finally I tensioned it to my biggest comfort level and stood to the side with a 6ft 2x2 to push the winch handle down lol. Yes a bit apprehensive I was.

Thanks for that link I'll go over it later, I need to have a close look and try see where the bend is coming from.

Back