Harry Rowland wheels Ambrosio 36h Miche Campag 8/9s SOLD

OldFatTi

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
A lovely classic road wheelset handbuilt by Harry, silver-on-black.

Dropout spacing is 100mm front, 130mm rear.

Hubs:

MICHE Team Box System polished silver 36h hubset. Miche hubs are always very popular with wheelbuilders as they are very similar to Campagnolo, they are classicly styled, are good quality and excellent value for money. They also build into strong and reliable wheels due to the excellent geometry, flange dimensions and bracing angles.

The freehub is the 8-speed steel Campag-fit version which will run regular Campag Exa-Drive 8-spd and there are also 9-speed options (I was running a Miche 9-spd cassette on these wheels - you can have that for FREE if required but some top sprockets need replacing as there are teeth missing!!)

Hubs are polished alloy. Made in Italy of course, run well with no play. Good condition but of course some marks etc as pictured. They will polish up like mirrors with a little Peek polish.

Everything runs fine with no play etc but the hubs are probably due a regrease soon.

Miche lock ring included too.

- Spokes:

36 front and rear DT Swiss Competition stainless steel double butted in silver, with DT brass nipples. 36 spokes means less time truing and more time riding, plus greater strength, longer life and easier spoke replacement/re-truing. Ideal for big miles.

- Rims:

Classic Italian Ambrosio Balance 22mm-depth V-section semi-aero clincher rims, shot peened and anodised black.

20mm total rim width, precision-machined TQB brake tracks. Some marks from normal use/age as pictured but no damage.

Brake tracks are excellent, no concaving at all. These wheels have seen very little braking - the rear has hardly been braked on! 500g per rim quoted weight. Light and very strong. All stickers/labels present and in very good condition as pictured. Some cosmetic marks as pictured.

Michelin blue rim tapes included and in good condition.

Wheels run well and true. They are used of course, so not new or perfect so will have some marks and wear, but will be good for thousands of reliable miles for their new owner! I have attached lots of large pictures so you can judge condition for yourself.

No tyres/tubes/cassette/skewers included but I can supply and fit tyres and/or Campy 8-speed cassette for a special price if required? Also you can have the 9-speed Miche cassette for free if you want it, but please let me know you want it upon paying otherwise I'll keep it for spare sprockets/spacers.

I also have some basic skewers in polished silver if required for £10 extra with the wheels.

Several part-worn tyre options for cheap if needed too :)

£130 delivered.

See my other threads too below for some deals!

IMG_0696.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg

IMG_0698.jpg

IMG_0699.jpg

IMG_0700.jpg

IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_0702.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

IMG_0706.jpg

IMG_0707.jpg