Haro Extreme

Re:

Err I might know who bought this :oops:

I recall seeing an ad in Mountain Bike Action for these. Don't suppose anyone has a copy as I would like to duplicate the spec. Particularly interested in what the stock rims, tyres and stem would have been. The rests pretty much M900 XTR and Mag20's from what I remember.

Re: Re:

gtturbo":3q9ywthu said:
Err I might know who bought this :oops:

I recall seeing an ad in Mountain Bike Action for these. Don't suppose anyone has a copy as I would like to duplicate the spec. Particularly interested in what the stock rims, tyres and stem would have been. The rests pretty much M900 XTR and Mag20's from what I remember.
OK, I obviously got carried away by this one and was a bit harsh in my judgement. I'm sorry for the imputation and the cursing. The seller had his reasons for requiring "collection only" vs shipping within UK, but I still don't understand why he changed it to allow shipping, and then changed it back to restrict it to 'collection only'. It was as if he were teasing me by dangling a juicy mango in front of my face and asking if I wanted to take a bite, but then when I lunged at it, he snatched it away and told me "No, you can't have the mango!"

Incidentally, these 2 links are all I was able to find on the web regarding the 1992 Haro Extreme Comp, and they're in slight disagreement:

(1) https://picclick.com/1992-Haro-Extreme- ... 59496.html

Brand: Haro
Model: Extreme Comp
Frameset: 7000 series Aluminum / CrMo Rear Triangle
Color: Platinum Blue
Component List
Handlebars: Zoom 150 Butted AL (Ti Look)
Bar Ends: Onza w/ original plugs
Grips: Haro Krayton
Stem: Zoom (Ti Look) w/ original bolt plug
Headset: Ritchey Logic
Fork: Rock Shox Magnesium 1 1/8
Shifter/Brake Levers: Shimano Deore LX
Brakes: Deore LX Canti / Deore XT U-II SLR
Derailleur: Shimano Deore LX
Crankset: Shimano Deore LX w/ SG-X Rings
BB: Shimano Cartridge
Pedals: NOT INCLUDED
Wheelset: Ritchey Vantage Comp 32H
Hubs: Shimano Deore LX
Tires: NOS Ritchey Z-Max Evolution
Tubes: NEW Hutchinson Schrader Valve
Seat Post: Ritchey Kalloy 30.9 post
Seat Post Collar: Haro Branded Quick Release
Saddle: Cannondale Coda 900

(2) https://www.mtbr.com/threads/haro-extreme-q.8116/
The model year is 1992. Original specification on the fork was a "RockShox 2" which predates the Mag 20/21 models. The original travel was probably 63mm. The head angle is listed as 71.5 deg with a 73 deg seat angle. The color was called Platinum Blue.

Original specs:
Headset - Ritchey Logic 1 1/8"
bb set - Shimano cartridge
Crankset - Shimano XTR 1st gen
Derailleurs - XTR 8-speed
Shifter - XTR
Cassette - XTR 12-30
Rims - Ritchey Vantage Comp 32h
Hubs - XTR
Spokes - DT 15g
Tires - Ritchey Z-Max kevlar bead 2.1
Brakes - XTR canti front / XT u-brake rear
Bar - Zoom 580mm w/ Onza bar ends
Stem - Zoom crmo
Pedals - Shimano XT w/ Tioga Quick Flip Straps
Seat Post - Alloy 30.8 x 300mm

Have you tried searching the 'MTB Magazine & Catalogue Scans' section of this (retrobike) site?

Minifreak":fx28hdoe said:
I have a factory original build in 19.5” (equates to a 18” to ride). Lovely finishing kit from Ritchey with RockShox Mag 20’s, XTR M900 in the main accept XT U brake and pedals.

Hardly ridden I believe, keep meaning to strip, clean and re grease but life’s been a bit hectic.
How bizarre! This is the photo Jussa sent me when I enquired about buying his haro extreme.
Did you buy it from him Mini freak?

Thanks for the spec lists. Looks like this was the 2nd spec as it had some M900 parts on it. But now I know what bits I need to get back to original spec. Personally a little disappointed to see a Zoom stem listed as never really been a fan of those looks wise. I will pick one up at some point but I have a Machine Tech zero weld currently without a bike to fit it too so may add that and see what it looks like. Will do a build thread once I get around to sorting this one, other bikes I want to get done first. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back