Hairy Coo - XC racing in rural Perthshire

I've not booked but will by the end of the week, just thought I'd get numbers, Trying to decide weather to camp that night - might depend on the weather as it's not too far for me. Is anyone intending doing pre-race laps? Am I the only over 40?

Ken thank you for making me feel younger :LOL: I will be in the 30-39 mob.

I will just be travelling up and back on the same day, think it might be a good idea to do a pre race run albeit slowly as that would make it 25km on the day :roll:

Quick question on average lap time- 45 mins for 5km seems a bit slow? I'm not suggesting I am Lance Armstrong but at that pace the course must be very technical and hilly? I don't lthink I Like the idea of 3 hours (4 laps)in the saddle :roll:

Decided it will be the clockwork with newfangled front suspension- flexstem :LOL: Gives me a good excuse to post some poor times.

Quick question on average lap time- 45 mins for 5km seems a bit slow? I'm not suggesting I am Lance Armstrong but at that pace the course must be very technical and hilly? I don't lthink I Like the idea of 3 hours (4 laps)in the saddle :roll:

Decided it will be the clockwork with newfangled front suspension- flexstem :LOL: Gives me a good excuse to post some poor times.

welllll.... I was erring on the side of caution a little, saying an average would be 45 mins; last year, the fastest lap was 23 mins. There is deifinately a hill involved of course, all on forest road, so although its a bit of a stretch at first, is only the first 10 mins or so.

the rest is quite technical, but all good dirty fun. A nice singletrack top section, another bit of rough forest track, and then your onto the downhill.

fear not, the clockwork will cope admirably!

Hope none of this has put you off, most folk that rode last year said that the course was well worth the climb.

that sound ideal for miniKen's first ride, I've not persuaded him that uphill is a good thing yet :) ....Hell I might even lie about my age and join gaz in the masters group :)

Hopefully be there but have not yet entered, may not be able to enter until early October as funds are very tight at the moment as I wait for payday.
How many laps for fun Category as my M.E. will not allow serious racing ?
Will ride the White Lightning sporting my new Retrobike Jersey :D
Probably have to camp due to distance !

Cheers

The fun category is two laps, and goes in the morning with the shorter races, start time is 11am

No worries about entering yet, entry is available right up until on the day, you can enter from 8.30am on the day. Feild capacity is 200 and I dont think we will exceed that, although no guarantees!

There is camping available, also Hostel accomodation is on site too, from £15 per night, if you fancy staying somewhere a little warmer! Stay for saturday night and the celiedh , its always a good un

Back