H. O. Ned's C. R. A. P. Summer Sale Part 3 - REDUCTIONS!

Bargain on the C-Record mech. Seriously tempted with that Huret... I've been after one for years, but I've not got a weight-weenie project that one would go on.

Old Ned":zhrjralg said:
Tel":zhrjralg said:
I concur that it is a C-Record 2nd gen, most definately not an Athena so a give away price....

See, Honest Old Ned, always a bargain to be had ;)

I wasn't going to use it in a million years................

Oh dear, this gets worse! I realised in bed last night that this isn't the mech I thought it was. It is actually one that was given to me recently by an old friend along with an old Dura-Ace and a Campag SR. He might be a bit annoyed to know I've sold it! For ages I had 2 similar Campag mechs in my drawer, one is a Chorus with the adjustable angle facility, the other was something else - and I thought that this mech was it! I then remembered that I had used the 'something else' mech on my Buzz lo-pro last year. However, without taking a close look at it I can't be sure what model it is - it might still be a C-Record as well!

Or an Athena................................ :oops: :(

My memory is obviously not what it was. :?

I'm vaguely interested in the miche hubs... I guess they're 100/120 OLN? any idea what the freewheel threading is? And is the axle a standard threading or something weird? (can it be replaced easily with a longer one?)

cheers, Andy

foz":vcp1jndv said:
I'm vaguely interested in the miche hubs... I guess they're 100/120 OLN? any idea what the freewheel threading is? And is the axle a standard threading or something weird? (can it be replaced easily with a longer one?)

cheers, Andy

Yes, 100/120. Threading as far as I know is 'normal' on freewheel and axle. No idea if it can be replaced but Miche designs appear very similar to Campag.

OK, Thanks Ned. I'll leave it for now (but might get back to you later on if no-one else takes them)

cheers, Andy

Back