GT Bravado interesting story

Gtpulse

Dyna-Tech Fan
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
He is either a chancer or been fed a tall tale and believes it.
Gorgeous bike but not super rare like he makes out.
Been on previously for a while

The Turbo saddle/Girvin Flexstem seem an odd combo for a GT show bike unless that was the “special” spec. Also the lack of grips on the Brahma bars on a show bike but guess that could be down to someone swapping the stem?

I do really like it, the colour still pretty vibrant, 3D forks and the feature on the rear dropouts as well as the old GT bottle. To
be honest it wouldn’t make any difference to me if Hans had ridden it at a show or not so the value isn’t there for me.

I've chatted with this seller a couple of months ago. Some of his information seemed a bit .... confused at times. I think he paid a fair bit for it in 1997, though he also mentioned buying it in 1992. it was at £1450 then.

He did share the frame number with me and I can confirm it's a "standard" 1992 Bravado (frame built Oct '91) with a few parts changed, so a very nice bike. Not worth anywhere near that asking price though in my opinion. No idea about the claims about the Hans Rey exhibition and didn't look into it.

Back