GT Bravado 1992

marc two tone

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hi, it's wet outside so i'm sat typing this instead.

For sale--GT bravado 1992 size 16" i believe. A pic is included of tape measure from crank bolt centre to.....wherever! ;)

Nice true temper tubing, really lightweight. I can't find any tubing issues although the paint has plenty of chips, rub, flakey bits. And some loss under BB. As far ar 22yr old bikes go, it's in good nick!
Some decals have suffered rub.

Original 3D forks with the multi axle position.

I've had it all down to headset to clean and inspect, the headset feels smooth but i've left it alone. The bottom bracket is a 73 x 127mm and is like new! un71.
All 3 chainrings are good, the middle is very good considering it's the one that wears quicker. chain is robbed from my marin, feels good.

The rims were dead, i mean split and destroyed araya pro. So, i've donated similar DX- DT SWISS-wolber AT18's.

It's been cleaned deep enough to assess things, it may come up better with better cleaning agent/elbow grease.

Original seatpost was stuck, so that's sorted now. No stress to frame BTW, i don't set fire to stuff ;)
Here is a run down of the parts....

frame, fork and headset, original to bike.
GT flip flop (original)
GT bars (original)
GT caratti grips, original but tired.
XT 095 S.T.I All shift ok.
XT front mech.
XT rear mech good jockeys.
DX chainset, good rings.
DX 650 cantis, rear u-brake pads ok(work) front n.o.s ritchey.
DX hubs, worked on and work fine freehub ok for shimano, tidy red label cassette.
Matching smoke tyres, good sidewalls but tread has slight cracking between knobbles.
Saddle is some selle italia X0 or some such thing.

It's rideable now but may need some tweeking to get it all perfect. I've basically re assembled to get it together.
I've had a little go round the cul-de-sac on it and it's a smooth bike, feels quality!
The pedals are some alloy period flats with toe clips that are missing the straps. Nice and smooth though.

These were not cheap BITD but it's too small for me and can't see the point in holding onto a thoroughbred.

I cannot post but don't mind meeting up within west/north yorks, just get in touch over that. I'm quite amiable.

Any questions/remarks/intent to buy etc... here on thread first please, it helps me keep a tidy thread ;)

Collected £90

Any good to you? Get intouch.

thankyou.

Class frame, the Bravado.. In my humble it's better than the avalanches from the same year(s)

If it was 18" I'd gnaw your arm off for it

GLWS

Re:

Thats very tempting for my wife, she needs something a bit smaller than her Marin.

When you in Conisbrough next

Bazza

GAAAHHHH! one of my fav's, even in my size! i would buy this in a second, only if i were in the UK....

congrats to whoever purchases this one! awesome ride!

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":17bvfu5s said:
You've been after one of these for ages haven't you Paul? If you need help with postage, let me know.
Only for the past six or seven years...

Back