GROOVY 650B (Video on page 4 :-) )

Woodsman":5v9qziv1 said:
The NHBS - national handbuilt bicycle show happens in Austin Texas right about now. GroovyCycles have a 'booth' or stand as we call it in the UK.

Wacky colour scheme I like it. I don't want to know the price at all, really I don't but, do you get charged for the full 27hrs of paint labour is what I'm thinking?

Lovely bike! :)

When you order a complete build at Groovy, Rody normally makes you a good deal on the paint. In this case I gave Rody free reign on the paint so he could show the bike at NAHBS. Rody kows a bit what I like and he nailed it again, love his work!
To go short, no I didn't pay him the 27 hours but I wish I was rich enough to do so because the man deserves it.

few extra pics here (thanks Giel)
pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

As you guys can imagine I'm browsing the interweb (to quote James May ;) )like crazy to find footage of my bike :D

There are quite a few links to albums on the Frame builders forum, but I think you've got it covered - haven't seen any pics you're not showing.

There is some lovely stuff at the show, your bike is getting a lot of coverage.

You need to start stocking up on helicopter tape now! ;)

Woodsman":6diggwwj said:
There are quite a few links to albums on the Frame builders forum, but I think you've got it covered - haven't seen any pics you're not showing.

There is some lovely stuff at the show, your bike is getting a lot of coverage.

You need to start stocking up on helicopter tape now! ;)

Yep.... the first scratches will hurt :D

Really like the fact that all of Rody's bike are pure "riders"and most of his customers use 'm accordingly, this bike will get a hard but good life as it's intended to .......... but might put some tape on those crank arms ;)

Luvin it :D :D :D :D ...........but.......... how far away from the work being done was just getting a new bike?

kaiser":2j6lkvqa said:
Luvin it :D :D :D :D ...........but.......... how far away from the work being done was just getting a new bike?

The initial plan was a Disc brake conversion only, but Rody got a bit carried away :D Convinced me to give the 650B option a go and after that I gave him free reign for the paint to have something really Groovy to show at NAHBS........Crazy work from Rody but man do I love it! So much respect for creating a paintjob like that under such time pressure....... but to answer the question, he saved himself building a new front triangle......that's about it....... feels like a new bike for me, kinda strange as I loved the Polkadot so much too :D

Both would have made a lovely pair but its a great modification, very cool that the builder wants to develop his original remit, shows a real passion but I think that is obvious in all his work and what I see. I can't wait for the next build :D :D Pity he is so busy :(

Back