Grips... Or no grips!

OURY grips are probably the most uncomfortable I've ever tried and I found that very early ones tend to not fit well on all my bars.
Grips are clearly as personal as saddles!

I love the older style oury grips, comfy and look the biz imho. Not too keen on the newer lizard skin version though, and it looks like the older ones are no longer available :mad:

Grips are clearly as personal as saddles!

I love the older style oury grips, comfy and look the biz imho. Not too keen on the newer lizard skin version though, and it looks like the older ones are no longer available :mad:
Definitely personal, I could never get on with those early rubber grips, particularly the ones with indentations and texture. Prefer foam grips for a more retro look but I honestly see no reason to pick grips I wouldn't ride, unless it's just a show bike.

Speaking of Lizardskin, I think a lot of their products are slightly overhyped. Mediocre at premium prices.

Just got some ritchey grips on the bay for cheap, they look awesome. Will be happy to get those.

Grips are a very touchy subject and you need to get it just right so you can just go…

Mmwa

On some of the crazy bikes that looks like it’s been through anodised rain, clear grips look good, or if you go Rasta with green yellow and red then that would look good as well, especially with colour coded gripshifts.

Foam grips do disintegrate and it’s annoying when they do, but if your a rich weight weenie those will do brilliantly.

Slip on grips are a massive pain, to get on and off. Also on my bike has been through some rain and gone under the rubbers and is moving freely😂 grip go brumm brumm.

I like the older style solid grips, like on the first gen saracens, they’re very ergo.

Lock on doesn’t go anywhere, but bolts are ugly unless they’re anodised colour coded.
Plus you’ve got the problem of the collars not matching your bar ends.

Porcipaws are nice as you can cut them to shape to use grip shifts.

Yetis I’m running on my cannondale, very nice although a night in bleach still hasn’t removed some of the mould😆

That’s my verdict.

Just got some ritchey grips on the bay for cheap, they look awesome. Will be happy to get those.

Grips are a very touchy subject and you need to get it just right so you can just go…

Mmwa

On some of the crazy bikes that looks like it’s been through anodised rain, clear grips look good, or if you go Rasta with green yellow and red then that would look good as well, especially with colour coded gripshifts.

Foam grips do disintegrate and it’s annoying when they do, but if your a rich weight weenie those will do brilliantly.

Slip on grips are a massive pain, to get on and off. Also on my bike has been through some rain and gone under the rubbers and is moving freely😂 grip go brumm brumm.

I like the older style solid grips, like on the first gen saracens, they’re very ergo.

Lock on doesn’t go anywhere, but bolts are ugly unless they’re anodised colour coded.
Plus you’ve got the problem of the collars not matching your bar ends.

Porcipaws are nice as you can cut them to shape to use grip shifts.

Yetis I’m running on my cannondale, very nice although a night in bleach still hasn’t removed some of the mould😆

That’s my verdict.
Lock ons ugly unless colour coded or ano

Bike tart 😂

Though different ranges of coloured anodised lock on bolts would look pretty cool though.

I’ll get you some gold bolts for your ergons😛😉

Lock-on ones look too modern for my eye, as good as they may be. I'm not a period obsessive, but it has to be fairly close to that era for my liking.

If people are struggling with grips slipping when wet, fit them with hairspray... The cheapest stickiest supermarket stuff works best. They slip on nice, then when dry they are solid, stuck to the bars. Can't remember the last time I rode in the rain though!

Lock Ons are the best ... but for modern. Retro normal ones that looks great: Ati, yeti etc But more modern and not so expensive : Bontrager race X lite. The density is quite good and the ergonomics too.

The cheapest way and will match anyone: Generic foam grips in black. They usually feel ok, except some with low density.

Lock ons nice: Odi has some that could match if the bicycle has some color.

1670061209886.png 1670061237797.png

You have purple components? This lock ons looks nice:

1670061441438.png

But Ati are more cool and less confortable, they were so thin ... I didn´t like it. Ati TOMAC. So many mistakes in this photo ... I didn´t lke the grips but the Kooka were quite bad in ergonomics and performance. Looks good but they are only for display.

1670061536382.png

Last edited:
Ive got Tomac Attack on the Orange Prestige.....honesty fairy ambivalent about them....grip ok, but not that comfortable, especially over extended periods.

Most stuff I use ESI extra chunky....big hands.....very comfortable great grip....

Back