Great North Bike Ride

Iain

They allow entries on the day as follows:

Late Entry Registrations

Please appreciate we solely rely upon sponsorship, therefore your late entry must cover our expenses, We make every effort to reduce costs wherever possible. However, certain costs are unavoidable, and we are firmly committed to organising events that ensure the safety of cyclists participating.

Your Late Entry Registration fee of £50.00. By charging an entry fee, we make sure that every penny of your sponsorship money goes straight to Chris Lucas Trust. Please go to the Late Entry Registration at The Great North Bike. On-the-day.
Please appreciate we have only a limited supply of T Shirts, Medals, ordered by supply and demand to accommodate the registrations to the closing date, please avoid disappointment by registering before the 20th August 2012.

The bit about the T-shirts is about right. They never order enough of the right sizes as most Geordies don't look too good in a medium :D

Rhys

It's a bit unorganised.....I know a few folk just turn up and ride it without registration or anything and get the t shirt and medal at the end!

I'm too honest though....its strange how even a stranger off the street could literally walk to tent at the end and claim a medal.

Well I managed to knock 25mins off from last year....despite being on the single speed half fat bike!

3hrs 30mins to do 57 miles

Back