Great big Singlespeed thread!

Not many Gt's in this thread, so here goes. On my way from Gatwick to Newbury I met up with Konaben in Waitrose' car park in Salisbury on a Friday to collect this Zaskar frame. On Saturday Pipmeister gave up much of his day to help me with the parts bin build and on Sunday it got it's first ride. Many Thanks to two top Retrobikers. There are some upgrades in the pipeline but here are some pictures of it's first [and dusty] ride last summer.

nice. If that was mine, i'd invert the spacers to make the chain slide towards the ring, rather than hub or stays, just me though :)

Thanks Bob, That makes sense to me, I've always run that setup "my way". I plan to replace the 16 tooth ring with a 17 next time I'm over so I'll give it a try.

Hello mate, nice to see the old GT built up that you bought off me! looks very nice!! :cool:

shedobits":j3f8v1u4 said:
Not many Gt's in this thread, so here goes. On my way from Gatwick to Newbury I met up with Konaben in Waitrose' car park in Salisbury on a Friday to collect this Zaskar frame. On Saturday Pipmeister gave up much of his day to help me with the parts bin build and on Sunday it got it's first ride. Many Thanks to two top Retrobikers. There are some upgrades in the pipeline but here are some pictures of it's first [and dusty] ride last summer.

konaben82 said:
Hello mate, nice to see the old GT built up that you bought off me! looks very nice!! :cool:

Cheers, - yeh, it's a cracking ride and silly light too. I've changed a few things since the pics were taken. Looking for some carbon forks to make it even "floatier". :roll: I'm back in May and hope to do some off road touring on it and will post some later pics and a build spec on here then.

I've done about 150 miles on my IO with the 'bmx gearing', 26t granny up front and 13t out back and i can report that all is well. I haven't noticed any difference from 32-16, apart from its a lighter set up oh and it will be cheaper to maintain :D
I had a brief play with the USE post but have gone back to the Thompson as it helps seated climbing a bit :D

Attachments

• IO test ride.jpg
    IO test ride.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 2,108
Klein Attitude SS finished now as found a nice set of Hopes ! will post better photo when i can venture out in the sunshine !

Attachments

• kLEIN SS 2.jpg
    kLEIN SS 2.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 2,056
mark45acp":2ji4gazw said:
Klein Attitude SS finished now as found a nice set of Hopes ! will post better photo when i can venture out in the sunshine !
that's crying out for a light rigid fork!!!....more pics!

More pics in a week or so when the sun shines ! Yes i wish it had a nice fat Klein fork and bars fitted - but cannot justify the cost to get one for the amount it gets ridden.

Back