Grafton pedals

longun

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I had a pair a few years ago from the bay. I was informed after much searching for cleats that those were 'death traps' Just for display purpose. So sold them on with out cleats. The 'Speed Traps' pedals are miles better .

I had a pair a few years ago from the bay. I was informed after much searching for cleats that those were 'death traps' Just for display purpose. So sold them on with out cleats. The 'Speed Traps' pedals are miles better .
why are these ones 'display only'*. John did sell them for people to use (1995ish maybe?) Think there is even a thread in mtbr somewhere with him replying in it.

*Was it just you had no cleats.

These on RB too https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/john-grafton-excelerator-pedals-silver.448834/
I guess if the elastomer breaks down (if you're lucky to have any cleats) you can just replace them?

why are these ones 'display only'*. John did sell them for people to use (1995ish maybe?) Think there is even a thread in mtbr somewhere with him replying in it.

*Was it just you had no cleats.

These on RB too https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/john-grafton-excelerator-pedals-silver.448834/
I guess if the elastomer breaks down (if you're lucky to have any cleats) you can just replace them?
I couldn't find cleats to buy back then. It was probably not long after joining this site approx. Perhaps i was looking in the wrong places? Either way after having owned both types. The speed traps are my preferred pedal from Graffton if i was ever looking for them again.

He's also selling a terrorist starter pack comprising of a commercial airliner and tube train simulator if you're interested.

Last edited:
Speed traps are nice

But those Excelerator pedals are so rare that I bet John would still like to have a pair if he doesn't already.

They were probably made in the xx numbers and were the first era of the speedplays.

They look stunning imho.

Why would you want to ride them :confused:

Speed traps are nice

But those Excelerator pedals are so rare that I bet John would still like to have a pair if he doesn't already.

They were probably made in the xx numbers and were the first era of the speedplays.

They look stunning imho.

Why would you want to ride them :confused:
Aren,t they yours ?

Back