Good 91/92/93 MTB whole bike wanted!

mjphoto

Retro Newbie
Hi Guys & Girls at Retrobike,

This is my first post on here. I'm after a winter project and an opportunity to rekindle my youth (please tell me I'm not the only one to have done this!). Back in 1991/92/93 when I was 15 to 17 I used to race mountain bikes and did ok. Then I passed my driving license, got a serious girl friend the Mountain Bike scene took a back seat.

I now find myself with some more time and the inclination to get my hands on a bike from that era that I couldn't afford at the time. I'd love to find a 17" to 18.5" (I'm 5'9") complete bike from 1991-1993 that's in good condition frame and forks wise but not necessarily mint. I like Marins, Orange, specialized, GT that kind of thing and preferably something steel without rear suspension and that came out the factory with Deore LX or above. Anyone got anything they'd be willing to part with so I can embark on my MTB facination all over again? I suppose up to a couple of hundred quid for the right bike. I like black wheels and I've been thinking about Orange Clockworks and Marin Bear Valley SE, Eldridge Grade, Pine Mounatin etc (The era maybe 91/92 with dark grey frames and fluro forks and stems). Me and everyone else I guess....:)

I used to have a 90/91 I think Saracen Traverse Comp 17.5" with black frame and wheels and the rare all black Deore DX group set that I totally tricked out. If anyone has one of those gathering dust somewhere that they want to sell I'd be over the moon!

I'm looking forward to being involved with these great bikes again. Any responses gratefully received and I look forward to hearing from you. I'm in SE London if that matters.

Many thanks,

Mark.

Re:

I should point out that I'm expecting to have to do some work to it and replace parts etc. Something that is a project but has a sound frame that I could restore without having to respray etc. Thanks!

Re:

How about this, Raleigh dynatech mt4, shimano deore xt f & r mechs, xt thumbies, xt brakes levers & cantllevers. Hope ti glide wheels, turbo saddle.
Frame size 17.5 inches.
Original paint. No cracks or dents.
Totally ready to ride.
Let me know if it ticks any of your boxes.
Thanks, Jeff.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 461
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 461
Back