Gold for cash

Aye- ye should get a proper valuation from a jeweller's..........the stuff is worth it's weight in gold, ken?

...............and nope, nothing more constructive to add.......... :p

they make a lot of cash by offering well below the daily scrap gold index value which funnily changes a little each day but they normally only offer 15% to 20% of actual value at scrap level if you send them nice antique stuff with out knowing you could lose a fortune :shock: :shock:

GO TO YOUR LOCAL JEWLERS :cool: :cool:

once upon a time I worked in a place where we bought gold.

for bog standard Argos quality 9ct gold:

A good guide is that if it was valued at £100, you be paid £20 and it would re-sell in the shop for around £69

so £1000 worth of gold, you'd get £200 and so on

£1000 of 18ct would be bought at around £300

and so-on. The higher the purity the easier it was to re-sell or sell as scrap (22ct being about £1 a gram 10 years ago).

beware of un-hallmarked gold as it has to be classed as 'yellow metal' and sent away to be hallmarked (which I believe is free or at least a very reasonable flat fee). Indian gold is much richer in colour and can be 14ct which high st shops seem to get funny about. Cant remember why.

hallmarks_window.jpg

hallmarks1916-1974.gif

cchris2lou":23ckvpdz said:
better taking it to a local jeweller .

do a search on trading standarts website and a lot of issues with those advertised on tv .

What Chris said, check out your local jewlers, you'll get a better price than the rip off websites and TV advertisers! Go in to a few shops and get offers from each then take the highest, job done!

cchris2lou":32ejm4u3 said:
better taking it to a local jeweller .

do a search on trading standarts website and a lot of issues with those advertised on tv .

Rang mine and the where offering the same as postal gold muppets

Best place I found is http://www.hattongardenmetals.com/

Todays Gold Prices / gm
9ct 10ct 12ct 14ct 15ct 18ct 20ct
£ 8.12 £ 9.02 £ 10.83 £ 12.63 £ 13.53 £ 16.24 £18.05

21ct 22ct 24ct
£ 18.95 £ 19.85 £ 21.65

Gives you a good starting point

Won't be sorry to see the old wedding ring go .... she was a right BITCH !!

i'm just sick of the bloody adverts! designed to take advantage of old or dumb people i think.

and they're on constantly, either ann dosy diamond or annoying flinkin winton!

Back