Going Orange

shinobi":1pdyca4h said:
highlandsflyer":1pdyca4h said:
"Selling for a friend"

Number ground off?

I would be looking to get my money back.
i guess that would have been an option in hindsight , but tbh alarm bells didnt ring at all , i collected it in person from a very well spoken middle aged lady from her dog training and bording kennel in an expensive rural area , you could tell it had stood there for a long time by the dust and cobwebs etc all over it so who knows its past .

Yes, I bought the CinderCone from a teacher with a very posh apartment in Hastings only to find that at some point in its 20+ year history the serial number had been defaced and painted over...

...I doubt the original owner would even remember it now? ;)

We-are- stevo,

The way it was setup with the rack and road casette i think its done a few miles lol !
I was in Heathfield yesterday doing a bit of van driving , you guys had a lot more snow than we did :LOL:

Well it might have been pinched a long time ago in its past. That sucks for the original owner adn he probably still remembers it missing when he went to unlock it or opened his garage. Gutting feeling we all know. My GT Tequesta was stolen in 1994 and I still remember how awful it was.

However, I personally would much prefer, if I could choose, that someone has now got my GT and now looks after it and enjoys it (hopefully not the thief) rather than it rotting away in a shed, in landfill or melted down for scrap.

It's your turn to look after that bike - you'd never know who the original owner is now the serial number is gone so its a good result for the bike!

Whilst I could quite happily lop a hand off the toerags who have stolen from me over the years on principle alone I don't lose any sleep over the stuff lost; it was only material stuff after all...

...the point I was trying to make above is that why should anyone feel anything about something so removed from themselves? It's the same as todays Politicians apologising to certain Ethnic groups for the old Empire slave trade; utterly pointless!

We_are_Stevo":eit5ifu4 said:
Whilst I could quite happily lop a hand off the toerags who have stolen from me over the years on principle alone I don't lose any sleep over the stuff lost; it was only material stuff after all...

...the point I was trying to make above is that why should anyone feel anything about something so removed from themselves? It's the same as todays Politicians apologising to certain Ethnic groups for the old Empire slave trade; utterly pointless!

Well put sir :D

Back