• IMG_2368.jpg
    IMG_2368.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 685
  • IMG_2364.jpg
    IMG_2364.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 685
Re: Giant ATX DH Team

Mindmap3":6b4momaq said:
What tyres are they? The tread pattern looks like my old Michelin Hots.

Michelin Comp 24's mate, the hot s had the same pattern but was the cheaper version and they had a red version.

Comp 24 was peat's favourite, they went on to become the Michelin DH24 A.T and they were still killer but then they changed it upand the compounds and tread patterns.

Michelin changed and they just don't have the big riders they used to on the DH world cup circuit, the comp 16 what I want is in my eyes the best tire ever made and thats what every other company pretty much copied.

The Hot's aren't too bad...I got them super cheap from the rel when I worked in a shop (three quid each). My experience of Michelin tyres has always been pretty good...I used Comp 16's.

They did seem to get left behind as the lines between DH and XC got blurred, also they didn't go down the sexy route of tacky tyres like Maxxis (whose tyres I actually really rate) and they were expensive over here. I also think they got complacent...they came up with a great couple of tyres but didn't develop them, allowing the likes of Maxxis to steal a march on them.

Mindmap3":vy32jlah said:
The Hot's aren't too bad...I got them super cheap from the rel when I worked in a shop (three quid each). My experience of Michelin tyres has always been pretty good...I used Comp 16's.

They did seem to get left behind as the lines between DH and XC got blurred, also they didn't go down the sexy route of tacky tyres like Maxxis (whose tyres I actually really rate) and they were expensive over here. I also think they got complacent...they came up with a great couple of tyres but didn't develop them, allowing the likes of Maxxis to steal a march on them.

Oh yeah don't get me wrong hot s were god i had them but yeah same pattern as the 24 just different casing and compound. I still have them somewhere in the shed.

I think Michelin should just remake the comp 16's and call them that too back to the old school, If it wasnt broke why try fix it.

Ps: A few more parts on the way Sram 9.0 9 speed grip shifter and 9.0 rear mech, I really want a 9.0 sl but people think there still worth a mint not in my eyes they snapped and broke just looking at them haha.

Not to sure what seat to get im guesiing selle italia flight.

Colours are the main problem, forks, hubs, seat and seat post.

This came today I got a set but no need for the 3 speed shifter, Im not building a chopper haha, just waiting on my 9.0 rear mech from the UK

Attachments

• IMG_2379.jpg
    IMG_2379.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 640
Re: Giant ATX DH Team (slowly but surely)

Right guys sorry for another bump but after your opinion on what colour seatpost I should buy.

Also if anyone has any old mags or personal pics from the old races of Team Giant ATX bikes from 98/99/00/01 ear I'd love to see them, so post them here or Pm me if possible.

Cheers

Got some perfect forks for the build but there not the right colour, think ill put them on thou as it could look different and theres no better looking fork than a black boxxer, got the forks and the Tioga bars and stem for $40 which im very happy about, my cassette and chain rocked up today which has been MIA in the post for months.

Attachments

• IMG_8962.jpg
    IMG_8962.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 570
  • IMG_8963.jpg
    IMG_8963.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 570
  • IMG_8964.jpg
    IMG_8964.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 570
  • IMG_8967.jpg
    IMG_8967.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 570
  • IMG_8965.jpg
    IMG_8965.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 572
Re: Giant ATX DH Team (Yep still building final build soon)

Attachments

• mech.jpg
    mech.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 536
  • seat.jpg
    seat.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 536
Re: Giant ATX DH Team (Yep still building final build soon)

We need to see pictures of the bike with the bits on it!

Back