Genuine Oakley?

the lucky lucky men in spain were making fakes a long time ago
my brother broke his real 1s on holiday an bought a fake pair
to see out the rest of his hols but the were plastic 1s forget the name

i think i had 2nd gen 1s so not sure about these tbh

there is a oakley forum those guys on there are like train spoters

http://www.oakleyforum.com/

The forums aren't always the best place to find out tho.
A mate was told with absolute certainty that the green lensed, green framed ones he was trying to sell had never been produced, so must be fake.

Shame he'd been given them by an Oakley sponsored pro. In the original limited team case. When he was attending a team promotional event, sponsored by Oakley.

Think they only made about 20 pairs, of which about 2 ended up with the public. The rest would have slowly been destroyed by the pros using them.

Re:

I had a pair of Eye Jackets. They were awful sunglasses and one of the arms broke after only a couple of months. Having said that, my brother also has a pair of Eye Jackets and they are still going strong. We both got them when we were 15 so that would be 1995.

On a lighter note, I also own a pair of Okleys, and no that's not a typo, my fakes are Okleys. Frame, 5 lenses, carry case, hard case and polishing cloth and they cost £6 from China.

Re:

Oakleys look nice but I couldnt justify the price.Fakes aside there are plenty of sunglasses that offer as much protection for a fraction of the cost.All kosher sunglass manufacturer have to adhere to the same international standard for UV protection.I use a pair of £25 Shimano glasses and they tick all the boxes.They have a nice neoprene case and pouch/shammy.Am I missing out on something?

Attachments

• DSCF2015.JPG
    DSCF2015.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 176
See how far you get if you break the frame.

One of my heaviest used pairs of Oakleys is actually the 4th or 5th frame. Only paid for the originals. The rest have all been covered by warranty. Despite me breaking them myself.

The lenses are also really rather tough, and unless you have an iridium lense, extremely durable too. I've cracked cheap lenses, and some brands also seem to scratch for fun. Only the oldest three lenses for my m frames are actually scratched. And two of them were bought as part of a set when they were still mumbos. IIRC I bought them with my first tax rebate, in 1992.

Back