genuine 95 stumpy frame?

bold stelvis

Kona Fan

was kinda intrigued by this but then it occurred to me that its kinda hard to tell from the frame details between stumpjumpers, rockhoppers - hardrocks even - Specialized from that era all look kinda the same (to my untrained eye anyway)

frame seems to have had a dodgy repaint at some point its past and the stumpjumper decal deffo looks like an amateur addition - no other frame stickers

is there any way to easily tell?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
No expert myself, but I think the lack of rack mounts on the seat stays makes this a Stumpy... I am sure someone will come in and completely trash this theory...

looks genuine to me. This was mine

AL9nZEUaKQHgETxUjFjxcYelzXOYRSePBwPinekRaiA7dR3J-jD27tm0UNuaVv-rdEYRIgK9nNqNb0-yxAyUF2ufZjFqyGyuEiZjTfpzEQyOXUbgB2EHFruptRqlxmBATpSz7pun9zw9KYOYkE_nYs9RRyPq=w2277-h1707-no

AL9nZEXNjJU1qJq9czbAL--goM4biUZI8D937VfZ_5CllpYVFrv3Ez2WqljLzsAB0Fb0OdiqokhdtVuw_AlbotcHFL4vspwMnTYDrNwFcpRwMkxQdAIUmnFTFSQ55ZGJFoSE7egWG9SMpaP_0VpfP8-PE16C=w2277-h1707-no

1672781009459.png
1672781028069.png
Looks like it could be genuine. The cable noodle at the seat clamp is a good tell that it's a Specialized ; the 95 serial number is likely a 96 model.

I'd say its an awful paint job with a high price for a dented frame though.

Last edited:
I don't disagree - that seems to be the case across the board on fleabay - especially with banged up or crusty stuff, which people seem to think is worth as much as genuinely restored or good condition...after a while anything under a 100 quid starts to sound cheap :)

So is that a genuine spray job or has someone done their own fade on it?

@Repacker you have the Ultimate stumpy in the Blue 1984 one.....I was second bidder on it but you're probably the better custodian! think thats still a bargain....hope you're having fun with it.

Last edited:
So is that a genuine spray job or has someoen done their own fade on it?

@Repacker you have the Ultimate stumpy in the Blue 1984 one.....I was second bidder on it but you're probably the better custodian! think thats still a bargain....hope you're having fun with it.
I think it has had a questionable respray at sometime in its life.

Latest posts

Back