Gem of a find 99% original 1996 TEAM MARIN

Forks: Decals wrong colour...they should match the frame.
Saddle: I don't remember the Ritchey saddle having the 'rainbow stripes' on this Marin model. If anyone has a catalogue spec.'96 Team/issue, please confirm.
Stem: It looks shiny in the photo, but it should be matte, similar to the bar/seatpost.

Re:

From the brochure saddle is right, stem is wrong you're spot on, forks match paint colour but decals replaced I think unless they're from a different bike not sure but paint and patina ageing is identical....
Anyway for what I paid I'm well happy it rides great

Well done :D
I found a quake 9.0 1997 in cash converters, Original down to the innertubes and all in mint condition too.

Attachments

• Marin Quake 9 Out & About 002 (Custom).JPG
    Marin Quake 9 Out & About 002 (Custom).JPG
    188.8 KB · Views: 339
skywalker482":pqmj57g9 said:
Really !! That is awesome it looks like brand new in the pic..... :)
At first i thought it wasm but theres a couple of scratches say otherwise. At a guess id say under 100 miles from new.
Yours is i think much like this :? really nice condition though a few more miles on it but its been loved and looked after thats for sure
You also did considerably better on price than i
The cranks will polish up great and those look in pretty much unscratched condition
Wipe it over with thinners to remove any lacquer then you can repolish it to a mirror using autosol metal polish and a soft cloth. Rustins make a lacquer for polished metal, just make sure you wash and dry it well after polishing, this will help the lacquer adhere .Same goes for all the lacquered parts.

Back