GCN+ has gone.

Yep saw that, im pretty gutted actually with the news as I don't watch any normal TV shite these days.

Redbull tv for the MTB xc stuff and maybe back to watching the pirated stuff for the cross on YouTube.

No way. It was great value, maybe a little too cheap. They could have charged more for the service or perhaps the tie-up with Discovery Network & Eurosport has gone sour.

Does Orla still have her job?

Chatting about this last night with a couple buddies. It seems Discovery+ & Warner Bros online portals will still be offering the coverage, so I'm guessing maybe Discovery Network (owners of GCN) are maybe letting the channel go. I gather disco purchased GCN the Youtube brand/channel 2-3 years ago. So perhaps they have got what they wanted out of the aquisition.
Is Eurosport online still available? I used to subscribe to that before GCN+

No way. It was great value, maybe a little too cheap. They could have charged more for the service or perhaps the tie-up with Discovery Network & Eurosport has gone sour.

Does Orla still have her job?
she got another job presenting rugby i think a month or so ago. Was obviously in the know, or moved by the company

She does other commentating gigs though. Ice skating for one.
Reading the statement from Discovery/warner they state the cycling is still available on other streaming platforms of theirs. It sounds like they may look sell-on the GCN brand. The Youtube channel(s) will be continuing, merely the streamed race coverage & app (GCN+) that will vanish.

As far as I understand the commentating team etc continues inside Discovery+, the job losses will be in the app support and GCN+ streaming. Essentially Discovery is killing off the cheaper offering.
This sort of thing is part of my job. People backed lots of video services and have ploughed loads of money in over the years (think of all those Netflix, Prime etc etc series). Investors are losing patience and demanding profits (especially as interest rates are well up). As a result loads of services are consolidating, having ad tiers or simply being shut.

Back