Gary Fisher Aquila - New Addition

DesertRyder

GT Fan
Picked up this Fisher Aquila for no other real reason than I liked the color and it was only $40. STX equipped.

As I bought it. Some fading of the paint on the right side. Must have been exposed to the desert sun for a period of time. The left side is stiil nice though.

I already added another seat and quick trued the rear wheel. The rear rim will still need some fine tuning but it's fairly straight.
Will need some Gripshift shifter replacent grips, SRT-600. Are these even available?

garyfisheraqulia.jpg garyfisheraqulia d.jpg garyfisheraquila c.jpg garyfisheraquila a.jpg

Last edited:
I like the color, or let's say colors :), even in this condition it looks still good.

The Aqulia had over years some intresting paintjobs, I had once a very nice dark green 1996 one, yours should be 1997 just alternative color to the beige one in the catalog, but typically everything other than the frame was selected very un-ambitious, just entry level stuff choosen obviously by cost reasons.

Typically those DiaCompe lever tend to oxidation, getting white spots, non-cleanable.

There is no official supply for Gripshift rubber grips for the twistable piece anymore, at least that I'm aware.
But you may find something here in the forum or at ebay etc. To my opinion, sometimes it's easier or maybe also cheaper to buy a set of complete STR5/600 shifters in reasonable condition than getting good replacement grips.

Last edited:
Back