G Tutin frame

Gtpulse

Dyna-Tech Fan
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Graham Tutin? Haven’t come across this framebuilder before. Seller says 700c what do you think?
From my brief googling a well respected builder of the ‘90s for Fleet Cycles. There’s a thread on here somewhere it turned out one of the forum members actually knows him but didn’t know he built bikes! Also a review and a mention in one of the mags of the time.

TBH I didn’t notice the 700c in the item details section, I just saw mountain bike and assumed it was 26”! I’m not going to say I can tell it is one or the other from the photos! The cross brace is a bit Yates and the rear cable stop/hanger is Hardisty style. I like it, if it were a full bike may have been placing on offer but not at £450 with a dent in it and it really needs paint to do it justice. I was comparing the value to something like the Roberts with full XC Pro that just sold on there for a very reasonable price.

I’m not sure this frame is by him, but Graeme Tutin was a frame builder. Small volume. Built road and mtb.
What makes you say that? Does he have some signatures to his style?

I was only going by the G Tutin on the downtube! It does also have a Fleet Cycles sticker, that and the Columbus tubes does stack up with other info I found on the forum.

Hmph 700c probably not for me.

I seem to remember a group test of steel framebuilders in MBUK back in the day - though there could have been a Pace in there as it's all a bit fuzzy

Pretty sure there was a Tutin, alongside a Greg Fuquay frame and the obvious Dave Yates. That was the article that made me really want a Fuquay frame (still do), which swam against the sea of everyone wanting a DOGSBOLX.

Wonder if anyone can dig up the article in an old stash.

Last edited:
Back