further debate

I bought an Orange Clockwork frame (orange/ white) with the Pace rigid forks for £15 from Bowes & Co, Cambridge.

Nobody told me I was ripping them off....

i suggest a rule stipulating a certain amount of posts required and a length of time as a member before being allowed to sell anything....say 100 post and a few months ect...just a thought.

It's all very subjective, isn't it?
A Clockwork is a nice bike, but it isn't special. Some are arguably worth no more than £100. It could have been knackered for all we know. I've bought some absolute tat from this forum, cassettes that were worn out, pedals that knackered bearings, things I wouldn't give away for free. It's a risk we take; we don't get to see the goods beforehand, and one person's acceptable is another person's knackered. Not to mention, of course, that we might have something in the shed that someone asks for that siezes up so it worked when we put it away but doesn't work now. But really, sending someone you've never met a cheque for £100 is an enormous gamble.
So really, if you want top dollar for anything here and you don't put pictures up or join in with the forum, you're in for a disappointment and should sell your stuff on Ebay.

I regret posting my comment.....which might have been the catalyst to the whole shitstorm....I broke my golden rule.....never comment on peoples prices.....EVER.

I might have done in the past but now I just watch (and should have this time)....if its too high it'll never sell, if its too low it goes quick and may have been too low in the first place....but that's the seller's 'fault' I guess and therefore his/her loss.

Like was mentioned on the original thread, there's a section of this forum for finding out how much bits are worth.

In my opinion the seller would have been well within his rights to up the price if no one had made an offer but since an offer had been made it was a bit 'nawty' to up it. Do your research or take the hit, simple.

By the way, as a reasonably new member to this site I love how friendly and honest it is. :D

gibbleking":1djmhwnm said:
i once read that a price tag in a shop is not a price but merely an offer.the shop reserves the rightto increase the price if it wants to.this is to overcome items incorrectly priced (tescos did this to me once )

An interesting point you are right, for the UK at least, having lived in Spain for a few years i think their price tags are binding and you can demand that price, hence most things aren't priced, especailly in the big department store El Corte Ingles! Interesting how countries differ :roll:

Back