FS XTR and XTR drivetrain parts

d_douglas

Retro Guru
In selling off my beloved Vertex, I am selling off the parts that I have collected to use on it. The parts are described in two ways: 1 to 10 mechanically and aesthetically.

1) SOLD XTR M900 175mm crankarms w or w/out rings: these were bought for a small fortune here several years ago and used carefully, but in mud. They work perfectly, and look great. Not new, but worthy of a show bike, in my opinion. (M: 9/10; A: 7.5/10) - 50GBP

2) gonna keep these! Real Designs chainrings: (46x36x24) that look like titanium, but i am sure they are just oxidized alloy. Lots of ramps and pins and lots of life remaining. The 74mm ring is a MEC Gyro - cheaper,, but perfectly functional. (M: 7/10; A: 7/10) - 20GBP

3) SOLD XT UN-71 BB: nothing much to say here - a bit greasy, but works perfectly with the XTR cranks. (M: 9/10; 7/10) 10GBP

4) SOLD XTR M900 rear derailleur: looks great, but I somehow got a noticeable scratch across the logo. Aftermarket pulleys. The big spring in this derailleur seems to be too low in tension - when rolling through rough terrain in an easy gear the spring has come unhooked. A few minutes of fiddling and I hook it up again and continue on. When on single track or the road in correct gearing with adequate tension, it never falls off. It has only done this maybe four times total. An experienced local mechanic diagnosed the problem, but had no spare springs to replace it with. Not a big deal, but worth noting. (M: 6.5/10; A: 7/10) - 40GBP

5) SOLD XTR M900 front derailleur: top pull/top swing/28.6mm clamp. Bought here NOS. It has usual scratches inside of derailleur cage, but otherwise works great. Beautiful piece. It is nice to get proper diameter FD clamps rather than using shims on vintage MTBs, in my opinion. (M: 8/10; A: 8.5/10) - 20GBP

6) SOLD XT M738 (?) STI pods: 8spd, a few scratches, but these work great. Super crisp. (M: 8.5/10; A: 7/10) - 25GBP.

7) SOLD XT M739 (?) Cassette: 12-30 (I think) and not much use. This would work as new with the chain included. I would say 300km max on both. Includes lockring. (M: 7.5/10; A: 7/10) - 25GBP

As I said, these all worked great together when I last used them, except for the rare case of the rear derailleur detensioning. These items were mostly bought here over the past several years. If you need additional photos, I can do that. I didn't photograph the rings, cassette and chain, but they are all cleaned and ready to roll.

I would sell the package for 170GBP and this would be preferred.

Attachments

• XT M739 shifters.jpg
    XT M739 shifters.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 841
  • XTR M900 FD.jpg
    XTR M900 FD.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 841
  • XTR M900 RD.jpg
    XTR M900 RD.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 841
  • XTR M900 Crankarms.jpg
    XTR M900 Crankarms.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 841
  • XT_XTR full group.jpg
    XT_XTR full group.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 841
Re:

Hello, I will take the FD, please, assuming you are a splitting the package.
Will pm

Re: Re:

Canuck":2jmq0o72 said:
PM re crank, cassette & b.bracket :D

As requested, here are photos of the cassette, chain and BB.

The cassette and chain have VERY little wear and I am confident that they would work perfectly when paired with the correct rings and properly adjusted. As I said, they worked flawlessly on my bike.

I have two BB UN72s in 107mm. The chain line was perfect for the M900 cranks. I will wipe the grease off, but think it preserves them better with light coating at all times. They are both in great+ shape, so I will sell the better of the two and keep the remaining one for my own secret project!

Let me know if you have any questions.

The M900 front derailleur as well as crank arms, cassette, chain and BB are pending; several of you are interested in the crankarms, so if the sale falls through, I will notify the others in order that their message was received.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender_1.jpg
    FullSizeRender_1.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 648
  • FullSizeRender_2.jpg
    FullSizeRender_2.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 648
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 648
Re:

Provisionally, yes, they are spoken for. I have three others in line (including you) so I will make it official when they are sold.

Back