FS: Wilderness Trail Bikes (WTB) Phoenix SS

Simon

Senior Retro Guru
Right, another bike to add to the list that I said I'd never sell and then capitulated!

19.5" Wilderness Trail Bikes (WTB) Phoenix single speed, in pillar box red. Expertly TIG-welded by Steve Potts, with virtually invisible welds. V-brake only.

As far as I'm aware this is the only one ever made - by the time the WTB shop closed around the turn of the century the whole singlespeed thing was in its infancy, and the 19.5" size was only offered from 1998 onward.

I'll post full specs up here once I get back into work on Thursday with a camera and tape measure. Roughly, it's got a 23.5" top tube, and a very long head tube (7"). Realistically, those under 6ft need not apply!

It's one of the most beautifully-made frames I've ever seen, surpassing my old Ibis in terms of weld quality and attention to detail.

I imported this from the US, and I'm not looking to lose money on the deal or I'll probably keep it. I'd be looking for £350 for the frame either collected from London, or with a share of the postage cost paid. I can include a silver Hope headset (unfitted) for that price.

Pics and full specs to be posted on Thursday.

I'm still incredibly happy, it's just we've brought a new house and I'm not sure I can justify the extravagance!

Now I really don't need this but it sounds fantastic and would love to see a photo

Right boys and girls:

Pictures are here:

http://simonconnell.fotopic.net/c1449102.html

yrlha0.jpg

yrlhb1.jpg

yrlhaz.jpg

I'll link to them directly when I get time later

Seat tube is 19.5" C-C, 21" C-T

Top tube is 23.5" actual, something like 24.5" effective but I can't find a seatpost to measure it exactly

Head tube is 7"

More measurements and pictures of anything anyone wants, just ask. Frame is boxed up and ready to ship anywhere in the world at very reasonable cost. PayPal, cheques and bank transfers accepted.

Back