FS -- Whyte 19 Steel -- or swap for your CX bike?

overconfident

Dirt Disciple
I've ridden this less than 5 times this year, so I think it's time for it to go

It's a Whyte 19 Steel in medium (17.5"), built up as a simple lightweight XC machine, with rigid forks, 650b wheels, and a super-simple 3 speed drivechain

Pics here before and after conversion to rigid 650b:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B47ed ... HpYcnJSLVU

I bought the frameset from here late last year (see link) and it's really nice. The material (Reynolds 631) is as light as 853, which of course costs a fortunate nowadays

Although it's designed for 26" wheels, the dropouts slide back and up, increasing the tyre clearance and lowering the BB, which make it a perfect 650b conversion. You can see these in a review here

I considered building it up as a high end XC ripper with some 2010 era Fox's, 1x10 drivechain etc., as I realised it could be built into some thing like a Ritchey P-650b for a fraction of the price. But had a feeling I wouldn't ride it much and abandoned the idea

As the frameset cost me over £150, the wheels and brakes are almost new, and the rest is in good order, I'd ideally like to get £350 for it

I realise it is a bit of a niche build though, but I'd like to propose a slightly different option than taking offers... I don't really care if I only get, say, £250 for it, but my offer is that any thing above £250 I will donate to this charity (or the buyer can do this themselves):
https://www.coolearth.org/

I'm in Leeds for collection and can travel a little is necessary, and I can do pics in the next couple of days, but here are a couple before I changed the forks and wheels:

Swap:
I'd also consider a swap for a simple CX bike or road bike with good tyre clearance, ideally single speed. A Genesis Day One would be absolutely perfect.

Similarly to the above, I'd consider taking a relatively cheaper bike plus a donation to coolearth in exchange for my MTB.

Full Spec:
Whyte 19 Steel frame, Reynolds 631 (17.5" frame size, 1 1/8" steerer, 135mm back end)
Orange F8 rigid forks
Mach 1 Neo Disc wheels, 27.5" (QR front and rear).
Tyres: 2.2 Geax Saguaro/AKA fron/rear, and I have a 2.35" Nobby Nick and 2.4 Conti X-King (unused)
Shimano Deore brakes, 180mm front, 160mm rear
FSA Afterburner cranks, 22/32/44, BB30 bottom bracket
Trailtech 17t widebased sprocket
Funn Flame On bars, Superstars stem, Sizard Skin lock-on grips
FSA Orbit MX headset
Truvativ post (not sure of model) and old SDG seat

I may want to keep the pedals, but I have some spare flats you are welcome to have

Back