FS: Vintage hubs Mavic Campag Aironi

walkmanman

Senior Retro Guru
I've decided now is the right time to part with a number of vintage hubs I've been hoarding. Two of these seem to me as being very out of the ordinary (although are possibly not of high value) so should most likely find a taker here, as opposed to other places.

Mavic 500 front hub. 36 spoke holes. This looks like it's had only minimal use- mechanically, the hub is sound, sealed cartridge bearings are buttery smooth, threaded parts aren't seized and alloy axle shows no damage from the dropouts etc. Cosmetically, the hub only shows a few marks around its centre, and this looks to be just slightly sloppy finishing from when it was manufactured. The only noticeable things to mention are some slight marks from spoke pressure on the flanges. Price £10

Mavic 500 front hub. 32 spoke holes. This looks to be in value good condition, although cosmetically it doesn't quite keep up with its above 36 hole brother. Mechanically, the hub is sound, sealed cartridge bearings are buttery smooth, threaded parts aren't seized, although its alloy axle does show some scrapes, from heavy handed dropout fitting etc. And there's also some slippage marks from when a peg spanner was used to remove the bearing covers. Cosmetically, the hub has picked up few marks around its centre from when it's been in storage. And there are some slight marks from spoke pressure on the flanges. Price £10

Campagnolo 27 hole rear hub. Manufacturer is Campagnolo, although I don't know which model.
This hub is designed for spokes of an unusual number, having 27 spoke holes. If you're reading this then you'll probably know the rims (Campag?) that are compatible- I don't though:)
Mechanically, everything's in good order. The cartridge bearings are smooth and threads are fine.
Obviously, no freehub body is included. All other parts are present besides this. And cosmetically all's well- the paint doesn't show any scratches, and the other areas show some tarnishing to the metal but not too noticeable. OLN is 130mm.

50's Aironi front hub. 32 spoke holes. Track/solid axle design. This is seemingly a rare hub from what looks to be an obscure Italian manufacturer from the 50's. Indeed, they'd seem to be so obscure that I can't find enough info on the company to even confirm if they were in business in the 50's, but I feel this would be likely due to the alloy flanges/steel barrel hub design of the hub being commonly in use during this decade, as well as the fact that the hub bears a strong resemblance to the Campag Gran Sport hub around then. This looks like it's had a fair bit of use, but the only really noticeable result of this is some flaking to the chrome finish. Mechanically, the hub is sound, bearings have been regreased and cones and races show minimum wear with no pitting. Cosmetically, the hub suffers from the above mentioned flaking to the central barrel, but the manufacturer logo still looks good and the overall appearance remains quite smart. The alloy flanges are in pretty much excellent condition bar some slight marks from spoke pressure. I can include vintage track nuts if they're needed. Price £10

Back