FS: vintage hubs- 50s Campag and British Hubs, Helicomatic

walkmanman

Senior Retro Guru
*PRICE DROPS- SEE MY LATEST POST BELOW FOR ACTUAL PRICES*

To follow on from my rims thread of yesterday, I've decided now is the right time to part with a number of vintage hubs I've been hoarding. Discount offered for buying rims and hubs together.

Campagnolo Gran Sport three piece front hub, with original skewer. 32 spoke holes. This is the alloy flanges and steel barrel version, probably late fifties. It's not the first generation though, which I believe has more detail to the flying wheel logo etc. Mechanically, the hub is sound, bearings have been regreased and cones and races show minimum wear with no pitting. Cosmetically though, the hub shows spots on the chrome barrel, more noticeably on the side opposite the Campag logo. Chrome on the pivot area of the quick release is also effected. There are also noticeable marks from spoke pressure on the flanges. This is a rare hub, and the majority of used one's have chrome loss to some degree and most of the time still sell for high prices, so I'll say £25 for this one.

286u4ab.jpg

290wutz.jpg

jl2oe9.jpg

ma9enb.jpg

2ibeno0.jpg

50s British Hubs (BH) Defiance track/flip flop rear hub. 40 spoke holes. This was a midrange hub from BH, and is a steel one-piece design. OLN looks to be roughly 116mm. British threading. Mechanically, the hub is sound, bearings have been regreased and cones and races show minimum wear with no pitting. Threads are all fine. Cosmetically, the hub is near mint with no chrome loss etc. Looks like the original track bolts are included. This is one of the rarer GB hubs and also lovely condition, so £20.

qo7if6.jpg

2hobseg.jpg

1219zwm.jpg

60s Campagnolo Nuovo Tipo front hub, with original skewer. 36 spoke holes. This looks like it's had only minimal use- mechanically, the hub is sound, bearings have been regreased and cones and races show minimum wear with no pitting. Cosmetically, the hub only shows a few scuffs and the skewer is excellent. Just some slight marks from spoke pressure on the flanges. Price:£15.

1f9xkx.jpg

20psbuw.jpg

70s Pelissier front hub. 36 spoke holes. This is a classic 70s French hub seen often on midrange wheels. And I believe, very popular with the tourers due to its durability. Mechanically, the hub spins sweetly with no play. Cosmetically, there are signs of slight oxidation, but it still polished up v well. Original skewer included. Price: £7.

e80diw.jpg

80s Maillard/Sachs Maillard non matching hubset. Both with 36 spoke holes. Rear is one of Maillard's Helicomatic designs, and comes with a (six speed?) sprocket carrier. I will also include the sprocket fastening tool it requires (rare by itself!). Rear hub OLN is 126mm. Mechanically, the hubs are sound, bearings have been regreased and cones and races show minimum wear with no pitting. All threads are good, and the sprocket carrier seems in good order. Cosmetically, the rear hub's logo is looking a little faded, but very little else to criticise. Slight marks from spoke pressure on the medium high flanges. Lockring is included. Rear hub's skewer is a Pelissier one. Price: £20.

6pyskz.jpg

121g0tv.jpg

90s Shimano RX100 front hub. 36 spoke holes. A better quality budget hub. This looks to have had minimal usage during its life, and spins sweetly with no play. Very minor spoke pressure markings on the flanges. Cosmetically, all is well, besides slight fraying of the RX100 logo sticker. Price: £5.

35ce5vc.jpg

A Mavic Cosmic Carbone rear hub. Excellent condition, bar slight paint wear along edged surfaces. De-stickered. Bearings buttery smooth. Freehub running well. 20 hole. Price £15.

2itj4nc.jpg

A Joytech high flange track front hub. 36 spoke holes. A modern hub that's had minimal usage. Spins sweetly with no play. Cosmetically, it's pretty much new looking. I can include track nuts if required. Price: £4.

4ilpo9.jpg

A Formula flip flop rear hub. A modern hub with cartridge bearings. Mechanically, the hub is sound. Bearings are smooth, although some wear is apparent. Cosmetically, the paint shows no signs of wear, but the logo is a little faded. OLN is 120mm. Will include track nuts. Price: £5

6tfk1t.jpg

A Shimano Dura Ace 16t NJS sprocket. The better, NJS version, of this DA sprocket. Mechanically, it's in excellent condition and teeth and threads are excellent. Cosmetically, the sprocket's anodizing is starting to go on the teeth. No lock ring.  Price: £5.

10hnhi1.jpg

An unbranded 16t sprocket, with lockring. Looks like a vintage one. If it's anodized, then it's basically had minimal use, as it's all there. The lockring does show some damage from sloppy removal, but it's still very useable. Price: £3.

34fd4sy.jpg

I also have a pair of nice condition 70s Italian sprint wheels, which I can't seem to lay my hands on at the moment to photograph. They're Nisi rims on Campag Athena hubs. A very light wheelset, and with classic vintage Italian styling. No tubs though, and the rear needs truing by a few mm. Contact me if interested.

NB PLEASE SEE MY SECOND SALES THREAD FEATURING NOS RIMS- SORRY, NO SPOKES THOUGH! Also, I will look into postage rates tomorrow. Recorded delivery for the more expensive hubs here.

Updated ad with extra pics.
Postage costs are £4.40 for Recorded delivery (for both single or pairs of hubs), or £3.30 for standard first class delivery. Sprockets will be £2.

Re:

Hi there.
I'd like the RX100 hub and the Heliomatic tool! Any chance of splitting it from the hubs...?
Tim

Hi Tim,
Glad to let you have the RX100. I had a feeling I'd be asked to sell the tool seperately, which is why I mentioned it was a rare item by itself:) I'd really prefer it to go with the hubs TBH. Although, I guess that a lot of people who already have a set of sprockets to use with the hub will also have the tool. I might change my mind if it doesn't go in a few weeks. BTW just wondering if you might happen to know why my tool has its toothed circle protruding on the flange you can see? Most don't have this.

Price drops: Campag GS hub £20, BH hub and Maillard hubset £17, Mavic hub £12, Pelissier hub £5, and £1 off the other items.

Back