FS: Van Nicholas Yukon Ti - Veloce/Centaur/Record/H+Son!

MajorMantra

Dirt Disciple
SOLD

The time has come to sell this beauty.

Van Nicholas Yukon Ti frame 52cm (geometry: http://www.vannicholas.com/8/Yukon/bike.aspx)
Carbon fork
SKS guards
Veloce groupset, Centaur chain and Centaur Ultra-Torque 50/34 chainset (much nice than Power-Torque!)
Handbuilt H Plus Son TB-14 rims on stunning silver Record hubs
Shimano R650 brakes (Ultegra level)
FSA Orbit headset
3T Ergonova bars
Syntace stem
Michelin Lithion 2 25mm tyres
Romin saddle

Excellent condition - chain, cassette and chainrings all have low wear. The rims have done just a few hundred miles and are in the semi-ano'd phase, where they've lost some of the brake track coating but not all of it. The hubs have been torn down recently and are in great shape. It would benefit from a fresh set of cables, but it's working fine as is.

Sold as pictured except for cages, Garmin sensor and pedals. The frameset is just under £1100 new, so I think £1000 for the complete bike is pretty much a steal. (Bearing in mind these wheels would cost you around £400 to build, and that's assuming you could get hold of the hubs.)

I'm based just north of Bristol off the M5, but I can deliver the bike within a reasonable distance. I'd prefer to sell in person but will consider couriering if someone's keen.

Cheers!

Re:

But it's a bike built to cope with our weather and is complete, so they should stay fitted.
And the word is mudguards ;)

I might yet, we'll see how things go. I have another, less sturdy (but much lighter) set of Soul wheels that I could also put on the Yukon, but I'll give it a chance with the TB-14s first - they really suit the look this bike so well.

Should not this be in "Complete Bikes"? Of course the mudguards should stay - it's a tourer and even a rack would look just fine. Seems a bargain to me - glad it's a long way away, else I'd be very tempted to drop down to just one bike!
GLWS.

Oh yes, you're quite right. I've asked to have it moved.

This can be everything from a tourer to a winter trainer - I used it for the latter. I think it looks very aesthetically balanced with guards. ;)

Re:

I would be interested in the frame if you manage to shift the wheels.....in fact I may be into everything except the wheels...

Back