FS: Shimano 105 Mavic Open Pro Ceramic 700c road wheels SOLD

finbar

Retro Guru
***SOLD*** Shimano 105 hubs, Mavic Open Pro Ceramic rims.

The front hub is a 105 5500, the rear is a slightly newer 5501. I replaced the rear hub a few years ago, and at that time I had both wheels rebuilt with new DT Swiss double butted spokes by Butterworths in Sheffield.

They both have a very slight wobbles (c. 1mm) and could do with a quick going over by a wheelbuilder. I don't have the skill unfortunately, but they're perfectly fine to ride as is - just trying to be as honest as possible in my description.

I regreased both hubs a few months ago, and they're spinning with that wonderful cup and cone smoothness that cartridge bearings never match.

There is some flaking to the ceramic coating, but they've been like that for several years and 1000s of miles and it never seems to wear any more :D . There's obviously no concavity to the rims whatsoever, and when the ceramic coating is gone, they'll still be a perfect normal Open Pro braking surface underneath.

I honestly wouldn't sell these except for the fact that I've ridden disc road wheels now, and I think they're the future.

Looking for £100 posted or £85 collected from St Albans AL1 / London St Pancras. they owe me almost that much for the new rear hub and the rebuild.

Oh, one more thing - I'll include a spare axle and freehub from my old hub. The freehub only has a couple of 100 miles on it tops, as I thought that was causing the issue that led to me replacing the hub (it wasn't).

DSCN8719.JPG

DSCN8726.JPG

DSCN8733.JPG

DSCN8746.JPG

DSCN8748.JPG

DSCN8750.JPG

Click here for more photos

Re: FS: Pair of Shimano 105 / Mavic Open Pro Ceramic 700c road wheels

hi ,
i am interested in these, whats the hole count please? could collect at st pancras.
regards

Great. 36 spokes front and rear.

Great stuff :-D . I will message you after work to sort out payment and collection.

Sold to Dicki, thanks very much :D

Back