FS - Rare French Haral - Mavic SSC groupset/ZAP Gears

toby1974

rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
Unfortunately up for sale is my beautiful rare Haral Chambery. Frame size - seat-tube 57cm c to c, top-tube 54cm c to c. The angled seat and top tube give the frame a shorter wheelbase giving it a faster ride. The Haral is fillet brazed except for the bottom bracket which is a cast bottom bracket. She rides beautifully very fast but very stable, and tracks perfectly. I'm looking for around £1500.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=322666&hilit=Haral

Further Info on Haral>

Haral was a builder of very high quality frames of all types, based in La Motte-Servolex in the Haute Savoie region They linked up with Isidoro Rezze, the owner of EXCELL tubes to build a large range of top-end frames with this series.
The frames illustrated are built from the Mexico I and Mexico II sets that were characterised by the slightly curved seat and top-tubes.. The Mexico I series had four lines of "beading" pressed into the tubes that resembled long lines of interlinked small circles. This feature was known as "perle " ( or pearled) It can just be seen on the green frame. On a frame finished with chrome plate covered by a clear coloured varnish the effect was sparkling.

By rotating the bottom bracket shell several degrees forward, the seat tube becomes steeper, allowing shorter and stiffer chainstays. It also lowers junction of the down tube with the head tube for the small diameter front wheel. Of course, this would also result in a lower bottom bracket height and steeper head angle, but the latter can be offset by using shallower, touring angle lugs. With the steeper seat tube, it has to be curved to get the saddle back to the correct position.

Thanks,
Toby

Back