FS: Kona, RaceFace, Hayes, Marzocchi

jimwatson987

Old School Hero
FOR SALE:

PICTURES HERE (shout if you need more): http://www.flickr.com/photos/66344020@N02/

From the year 2000 we have:

FRAME: 18" Kona Pahoehoe (£55 picked up, £68 posted).
This is apparently the same frame as the KULA, but was sold as a frame only, rather than a complete bike. The catalogue says it was made from Easton Elite Ultralight tubes, but it is not stamped as such (under the paintwork somewhere?).
Paint is tatty, as are the glow-in-the-dark decals. Some paint corrosion has been sanded lightly and primed. Former owner allowed frayed cables to rub on head tube and top of seat tube, eroding into the metal by about 1mm (grrr!). Scratch on chainstay. These things are clearly cosmetic rather than structural.
NO DINGS OR DENTS.
Runs disc or vee brakes
BB threads, dropout hanger and what not are all fine.

A premium bike of the bright shiny new Millennium that sat next to the Explosif in the lineup and is a fast XC beastie. Sadly I have to admit that this is too little for me. Really got me into Joe Murray stuff though (now riding Voodoo) and I would keep it if it was a shade bigger.

FORKS: Marzocchi Bomber Z3 M80 (£40 collected, £50 posted)
Old school Italian made! This fork came with the above frame and did 6 months on the road before being retired to the shed. Seemed to keep bouncing the whole time (plush squishy oil bath!), though I never opened them up (fear of 'new' technology!!) and couldn't vouch for the internals. Stanchions have pretty heavy wear in one spot as pictured. Never noticed them leaking oil and seals look OK from the outside....

INTERLOC STEM AND KONA BARS (posted: £9 each, £15 for both, or £5 for both if taken along with frame)
Kona XC riser bars, cut but still bloody long. Interloc (original y2k Kona spec) short (for them days) riser stem (both are old size, not over-size).

CRANKS - RACE FACE PRODIGY (£20 picked up, £25 posted):
Solid square taper cranks. Scratched and worn as per pictures. Pedal threads are fine, but non-drive side square taper has been forced onto BB and has started to round on the inside edge.

FROM 1998:

STX RC CRANKS (£10 collected, £14 posted, chainring not included):
As pictured - tatty and scratched, especially around pedal fittings. BUT threads are fine and square tapers look OK.

FROM ?????:

HAYES 9 DISC BRAKE (FRONT) (£15 collected, £17.50 posted):
I have no idea about disk brakes. Bought this on the bay about a year ago with a vague plan to upgrade but never got around to it.

FRONT WHEEL - DEORE Hub on no-name black disc-only rim. Inc Shimano Rotor (£22 pick up, £28 posted)
I think the rim is an OK one - label removed for stealth purposes by previous owner? This wheel probably doesn't fit the above brake. Again - no idea about this...

COLLECTION WELCOME: I am in Peckham (London)

OFFERS? you can try...

POSTAGE - PLEASE NOTE: I can only get to the post office on a weekend so things will go out the on the Saturday morning after you pay for them.

Naked frame weighs 1699 grams on my reasonably accurate 'salter' kitchen scales. 27.0mm seatpost if memory serves, but I'll check.

Will measure steerer on forks later this eve and come back to you (in sole charge of child right now...)

Wednesday is fine for the STX RC crankset. Consider them 'dibbed' and PM me when you are ready.

:)

Back