FS: KONA CINDER CONE Purpletastic! (Splitting considered...)

jawj

Dirt Disciple
Hi there!
I've spent a few years building up a truly wonderful Cinder Cone dripping with all purple anodisation I can find. Delightful or disgusting? You decide! ;-)

Pics, pics, pics: http://jawj.fotopic.net/c1284925.html

ynoa2f.jpg

It's beautiful but changes of circumstance mean it's seeking a new and caring home.

Asking: £600 inc. courier postage, but very open to offers...

It's a 1997 frame (is ten years enough for it to be retro...?) with 1996 Project 2 forks (the super-light ones).

Highlights include a pretty much full XT groupset with those great V-brakes and shifters from that XT-era.

Purple features 'significantly' with matching Hope Ti-bodied hubs, USE post (about three miles long!), bling-bling Ringlé Zooka stem, USE bars, X-lite bar-ends, brake-booster, Odyssey Pro headset, Crud Cog Hog and SRP & X-lite purple bolts galore. Ooh and don't forget those two Ringlé bottle cages.

The hubs are built onto Mavic 717 black rims (barely-used). I've built the rear wheel with a 2-twist Snowflake pattern for extra retro-coolness!

Flite Ti saddle, Kona Lumpy Gravy tyres and Yeti grips top off a top build.

Condition: very good. The bike has been used and ridden a fair bit and there are a few paint chips (mainly around wheel dropouts) but nothing deep or even remotely structural. Most of the parts were fitted after I'd decided to 'project' the bike so haven't been used too much at all.

Contact me for any questions, full-details or more photos.
Cheers,
George

If you end up splitting it up i'll have the rear wheel!
Need it to match my snowflaked purple Hope front.

without wanting to sound like a vulture, if you do split her id love to buy the seatpost and stem from you :D
BC

Blimey, "vulture" is right! ;-)

At the mo I'm wanting to sell it as a complete bike as collating the parts was a long & arduous (but fun) process, the aim of which was to create a 'whole'.

Having said this, we'll see how things go...

Oh yeah, have just done some budgeting and realise I could let it go for as little as £510!!!

Risky it may be, but low prices attract interest, people start bidding and then can't stop. It's a bit like heroin - "first one's free, mate".

Well that's the theory anyway...

Splitting is obviously the logical way to go, but I kinda want to see the bike kept as a whole. Perhaps the only way this will happen is if I hang on to the bike. Darn money!

Well, let's see what interest is like if we raise the prospect of splitting:

Anybody want to make me prospective offers on parts?

Back