FS 29er Gary Fisher Rig old 'new skool' ?

blanefieldbonty

Dirt Disciple
Hi,

I've decided to sell my lovely Gary Fisher Rig. It's the nice purple Genesis one and is in great shape for a 2005 bike. The frame has a few paint nicks and the forks have duct tape 'protection' on the crown to keep cable rub at bay. The reason for sale is due to the purchase of a Ti 29er. If the new bike hadn't come along, the Rig would still be my ride of choice.

With the weather being the way it is, the singlespeed is a breeze to look after and the big hoops (in my experience) are great in the gloop.

Spec:
Frame: Medium Platinum Series SS internally and externally butted
Forks: Reba SL 80mm

Wheels: Bontrager Mustang and Bonty Hubs (rear is Singlespeed specific and the hubs are seemingly 'badge engineered' DT Swiss)

Tyres: Maxxis Ignitors, plenty of life left

Cranks: Shimano Octalink (the original Bontrager ones had a truly awful finish and fell to pieces)

Stem: Thomson Elite 100mm, 25.4

Bars: Easton XC Monkey Lite Carbon 685mm

Brakes: Avid BB7
 with Avid Speed dial 7 levers
Seatpost: Bontrager Select

Saddle: Fizik Nisene Titanium

The eccentric BB on these Rigs is bloody heavy. I had this one professionally machined to save over 150gms. Anti-seize has also been fitted to stop creaking and the expander sticking. Result, It runs a treat.

I also have a spare freehub body.
 New pads have been fitted front and rear to the Avids
It could sell this as parts and probably make a few more quid, but it really is a lovely bike as it is.

Standover 759.5

TT (effective) 609.6

Cockpit 683.3

Headtube 90

Head ang 71

Seat ang 74

Chainstay 440

BB Height 315

BB Drop 50

Wheelbase 1101.2

More pics and details are available.

£350 ono and approx.£30 for courier, or you are welcome to collect

Cheers,

Craig

cyclesguff.blogspot.com

Attachments

• P1010936.jpg
    P1010936.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 1,256
  • P1010937.jpg
    P1010937.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 1,256
  • P1010938.jpg
    P1010938.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,256
nice bike, so i'm guessing from the TT mesurement its a large? also whereabouts are you?

Hi,

School boy error! I should have listed that the frame is medium. I've now edited the listing and thanks for moving it.

I live in Blanefield, 15 miles North of Glasgow.

Cheers

Craig

a bit small unfortunately. local to me as well and very nice i have to say. if it was larger i'd be having a hard decision to make just now :roll: ;)

Due to a last minute change of plans, Benbonty has pulled out. I agreed on a deal of £365 inc P&P. So, if anyone is keen or can come close to that deal, you will have a cracking singlespeed that will run circles around a Pashley and most other singlespeed 29ers for that matter.

ho hum

Back