FS: 1998 Kona Explosif 853 19' frame

mynchiboy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Here's my trusty Explosif for sale! I'm loathe to move this on as I have really have enjoyed it, but a unicorn purchase forces one's hand...

Frame is from 1998 so Reynolds 853 main tubes on this one. The paint was notoriously cack on these and I received it with a fair bit missing, so I rubbed back the metal, primed and retouched with porcelain paint. It's not the best colour match but has done the job and doesn't look too bad from a distance. The drive side chain stay was by far the worst bit so I added the protector, which will come with.

There's a very shallow ding on the top tube also (very difficult to photo well!) which isn't that noticeable when cabled up. Other than that the frame is perfectly straight with good threads in BB and mech hanger, so would be a good candidate for a repaint or use as is.

I'll also throw in a rather funky Straitline components seat clamp, with a nice little internal cam and Ti bolt - much nicer than the Kona OEM one! I also have a Kore seatpost in the correct 27.0 sizing, that I will sell on with the frame if required.

Taking the paint into account I'll do £90.00 posted for the frame and clamp, and the seatpost for an extra tenner if wanted. Pictures are below, including one of the bike as I had it - sort of a 1x8 tarmac burner :)

Attachments

• done.jpg
    done.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 457
  • ex7.jpg
    ex7.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 458
  • ex6.jpg
    ex6.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 451
  • ex5.jpg
    ex5.jpg