Frullani road bike, anyone heard of them?

+1
Whoever made it it is an amazing frame.
Looks like a hi-end, fillet brazed version of a CBT Italia.

Re: Frullani

Finally, a post on Frullani. I've been searching the web for some time (I guess I gave up last year) in order to find pictures of Frullani bikes. Since I bought one a couple of years ago. It's a bit too small for me, but barely used. I just couldn't let it sit there at that french flea market... the seller told me it was made to fit for him and that Frullani was a mecanicien for 'an' equippe in the Tour the France. (still don't know which equippe) A bit later I discovered Mister Frullani's bikeshop in a village not far from where I bought the bike. The shop looked like it had closed for quite some time, but I deceided to take a look through the mostly obscured windows. A man came out asking what I was doing. I said I bought a frullani bike and wondered what was up with this shop. The man went back around the building, and Guy Frullani himself appeared! A small, dry, tanned man with bright friendly, but piercing (how does one say it in English?) eyes. Too bad my French is so bad. We had a little chat, but could'nt really talk due to the langual problems.
Anyway, here's a picture of my Frullani

I have raced it (it's a nervous bike, steers very 'direct'), but I mostly just look at it.

Reynolds 531c tubes, Shimano 600 brakes, Spidel headset, gears and crankset (stronglight/simplex), Mavic G40 rims, Galli hubs.

Attachments

• frullani_02web.jpg
    frullani_02web.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 383
Re:

I'm supposed to see this thread reappear, Gary still has the bike, don't think he's ridden it yet though!

Back