Fruit Pastilles

I had my first packet yesterday. First time in many years :shock: I like the reds and green. I tried not to chew. But failed :( to many yellow in my packet :( :LOL:

I was going to say... why don't you just buy the bag of only red and black? Downside is that they are berry shaped not round...

Mind you, why are you buying fruit pastilles at all when you have the option of wine pastilles - OMG they are amazing. I don't really like sweets but those things are something else!!!

retrojon":16j1dulj said:
Right, in the interests of science, and to determine if mr Rubble is indeed unlucky, I emailed Nestle.

I asked what the frequency distribution of sweets in the tubes were, and if the strawberry/blackcurrant sweets in the grab bags were evenly distributed.

It took them over a week to go and count, forget the original questions, then reply. Here is there response, which of course contradicts what I was previously told...

"Dear (Retrojon),

Thank you for your recent email regarding Fruit Pastilles. May we first apologise for the delay in our reply.

In a standard 52.5g tube of Fruit Pastilles, the mix of flavours is totally random. However we do manufacture more blackcurrant sweets as these are the favourites. In response to this insight we have produced a Fruit Pastilles Tube that only contains Blackcurrant flavoured Pastilles and a Hanging Bag that contains blackcurrant and strawberry Pastilles.

Thank you once again for taking the trouble to contact us. I hope this reply answers your questions and that you enjoy our products in the future.

Yours sincerely
Michael Quille
Consumer Relations Executive
Consumer Services"

I think you should email her regarding your poorly distributed sweets. Her email address was consumer.services@uk.nestle.com

Thank you for that dedication to the cause, it makes for interesting reading! ;)

I am coming to the conclusion that Nestle might have decided not to bother putting many black or red pastilles in the regular tubes, because they wrongly assume that if you are a big fan of the black and red, you would buy the Black and Red bags, (which I am still yet to find in real shops) or the all black tube. However, I like a bit of variety so would prefer to have an even mix of colours, or possibly a few extra red/black in every normal tube. After all, you can have too much of a good thing and in my experience, it is the disappointment of the oranges and greens that make the black and reds so sweet!! :LOL:

Back