French frame identification help needed

Could we see some more photos? Like seat stay cluster at top, BB area from top, fork crown, head tube, brake bridge?

While the little ring cable guide is seen mostly on Lejeune, I have never seen one in that location.

From what I see , it is a well made frame. Can we get a better look at the rear drops? The shape of how the stays are finished I think might be a clue.

Lynn Travers
Hazelwood, MO USA

LejeuneCdM":3c0xxnmt said:
Could we see some more photos? Like seat stay cluster at top, BB area from top, fork crown, head tube, brake bridge?

While the little ring cable guide is seen mostly on Lejeune, I have never seen one in that location.

From what I see , it is a well made frame. Can we get a better look at the rear drops? The shape of how the stays are finished I think might be a clue.

Lynn Travers
Hazelwood, MO USA

I'll take some more photo's at the weekend Lynn.

Another little lead I found was the bike in this velo collective page

http://www.thevelocollective.com/eighti ... -possibly/

The treatment of the rear stays is identical to mine as are the lugs you can see in the pictures on that page and the fork crown.

I found this one whilst searching Bernard Hinault as mine had exactly the same Bernard Hinault branded Turbo saddle, the same tube sizing, the similarities listed above in the pictures and the same lack of numbering (although I haven't checked the rear dropouts properly yet).

Whilst I don't think Hinault built or branded bikes and that the Bernard Hinault branded Turbo saddle is a pretty common thing I'm not sure on that either way

Ok a few more pictures as requested

Attachments

• DSCF3075.JPG
    DSCF3075.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 500
  • DSCF3077.JPG
    DSCF3077.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 500
  • DSCF3080.JPG
    DSCF3080.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 500
  • DSCF3073.JPG
    DSCF3073.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 500
  • DSCF3078.JPG
    DSCF3078.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 500
  • DSCF3069.JPG
    DSCF3069.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 500
  • DSCF3072.JPG
    DSCF3072.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 500
  • DSCF3074.JPG
    DSCF3074.JPG
    116.4 KB · Views: 500
And a couple more.

Attachments

• DSCF3079.JPG
    DSCF3079.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 499
  • DSCF3081.JPG
    DSCF3081.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 499
That might well be a Lejeune. It is not unlike some frames I have seen with the windows in the lugs, the crown, and the seat stay caps (not Carré). The clinker is the location of the cable guide. Is the steerer Nervor by chance? Head tube seamed? Wood block in the steerer at the crown? I don't think you mentioned seat post size. The button on the underside of the down tube is a stop for clamp on shifters. Interested to hear the weight.

Lynn Travers
Hazelwood, MO USA

Thanks Lynn

I've got to have the forks out so I'll check the steerer and headtube but I don't remember seeing a wood block anywhere in there. Seat pin is 26.0 I think which made me think of Tange at first but I've had a French Vitus tubed bike with a 26.0 seatpost before as well, I'll get a vernier on it to be sure anyway. And weight, when I strip it down for re paint I will check it.

OK Lynn I've had a look at the steerer. It's not seamed, there's no wooden dowel and there are no marks I can see anywhere apart from two dots punched in above the crown race.

Attachments

• DSCF3083.JPG
    DSCF3083.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 471
  • DSCF3084.JPG
    DSCF3084.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 471
Hello again,

I wanted to know if the head tube was seamed, not the steerer. And is the steerer branded Nervor? None of what I am asking precludes it being a Lejeune, it would just make it more likely to be one if so. I have eight and one of my frames is similar to yours.

Lynn Travers
Hazelwood, MO USA

Hello Lynn

Had another look. No the headtube is not seamed and there are no markings on the steerer at all except the dots noted above.

Thanks for your help on this anyway Lynn. I'm still not convinced on what it is but I suppose it's as likely to be a Lejeune as it is anything else and the evidence thus far does seem to point that way.

Back