Frame ID Help Requied - Holdsworth Mistral maybe?

Hi Guys

The seat post doesn't have any markings, so I've borrowed a vernier caliper and measured the post and I reckon it's 27.0mm. I've also just tried a 27.2 from another bike and it doesn't fit.

Has anyone got any comments on the frame number (33156)? It seemed to fit the Holdsworth sequence, but what about the other number (126) on the BB and fork.

I'd like to restore the bike to it's original state. Don't mind what it is, just would really like to know.

Thanks

LesArcs":5gc7sy7p said:
Hi Guys

The seat post doesn't have any markings, so I've borrowed a vernier caliper and measured the post and I reckon it's 27.0mm. I've also just tried a 27.2 from another bike and it doesn't fit.

Has anyone got any comments on the frame number (33156)? It seemed to fit the Holdsworth sequence, but what about the other number (126) on the BB and fork.

I'd like to restore the bike to it's original state. Don't mind what it is, just would really like to know.

Thanks

Given the seatpost size I'm confident it is not a Mistral (not a Super either - refer my previous post in this thread). If it is a Holdsworth, then possibly just 531 plain guage main tubes and hi-ten fork and triangle.

I have a friend who could identify the frame number (if it is a Holdsworth), the other numbers are a little irrelevant as they're probably casting or batch numbers for workshop use.

Jon.

Thanks for all of the advice and links to pictures. I thought this would be easy, but is proving to be anything but.

In my mind, the key seems to be the frame number. It's a simple five digit number with no prefixes etc. How may manufacturers had numbering systems like this?

I think this is why I thought it was a Holdsworth - it looked like a Holdsworth and the frame number seemed to fit their numbering system for its likely age.

Ron - can your friend offer any guidance?

Thanks

paul

Latest posts

Back