FOX FORKS (TALAS SOLD, F100R REMAINS)

Re: FOX FORKS

Hi, might be interested in the talas forks. I annoyingly sold a set a few weeks ago but could do with them now. What are the 'bars' that are worn? Not sure what you mean by bars? Thanks

Re:

Pretty sure he means stanchions, but he mentioned the internal parts are worn, so maybe the bushes..???

ishaw":ornlofdp said:
Hi, might be interested in the talas forks. I annoyingly sold a set a few weeks ago but could do with them now. What are the 'bars' that are worn? Not sure what you mean by bars? Thanks

twain":ornlofdp said:
Pretty sure he means stanchions, but he mentioned the internal parts are worn, so maybe the bushes..???

Hi!

First of all, thanks for your interest.

Maybe I don´t write the right way... my english is very poor, sorry for that

For me, forks has bars and bottles, the first ones are inside (moving in an out) the second ones, inside the bars are located the TALAS hardware, rebound control, etc.), well, in this case, the portion of the bars that are inside the bottle are worn, when I said worn I mean that the bar has lost his original coating.

The RLC and TALAS system works OK, but with this bars the fork will leak oil sooner or later.

I don´t know if I express myself well.

Cheers!!

Thanks. Your English is better than my non English language skills.

I think you mean the uppers that are fitted into the crown/steerer. Many refer to them as stanchions or sliders.

How worn are they? I've seen some nasty ones in my time. Is the wear heavy or is it simply the gold coating is starting to lose colour?

I haven't got the frame that I would be using these forks on. Is the steerer 170mm? It might be a bit short but I won't know until I get the frame.

ishaw":3c4o8mde said:
How worn are they? I've seen some nasty ones in my time. Is the wear heavy or is it simply the gold coating is starting to lose colour?

They are heavy worn, my mechanic recomend me that not use it anymore.

ishaw":3c4o8mde said:
Is the steerer 170mm?

Yes, and the cut was not made in a straight line :facepalm:

Cheers!

Cheers for the info/honesty. Unless I can find a set of upper legs I'll hang on for a complete fork without the wear.

ishaw":3ob73sf3 said:
Unless I can find a set of upper legs...

That I was thinking before put it on sale but does not appear nothing... :cry:

Thanks anyway and good luck with your search!

Cheers!

Back