Fork choice for builds - retro mod

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I have two 'keeper' builds that I've never built period correct. I'm losing my garage soon so need to get my builds in order and sell the remaining parts/projects as a result.

I'm not sure which way to go, hoping some opinions from the wise rb folk can help.

Build 1. DBR Axis TT. recently rebuilt this around an m970 xtr groupset and spinergy xyclone wheels. Currently wears a set of pace rc31 ti rigid forks.

Build 2. GT Team RTS. Will be sporting avid ultimate v brakes, spin wheels and either the current m952 gearing, or perhaps 2x10 XO. Will also have a risse shock.

The forks I have at my disposal are the rc31 ti rigid, a set of mint rc39 hollowform just back from fork English (mint inside and out, 80mm travel), a set of brand new black rock shox 32mm sid world cups with v lowers (80mm travel), and a set of black fox float rlc fit damper forks, also with v lowers and 80mm travel.

I thought I had it all sorted in my head, rs for the gt, rc39 for the DBR, but I'm not sure now. Having a rigid and light ti 26er is low maintenance, the sids on the gt, but cant decide. I like the cleaner look of the rear facing brakes on the pace forks, I'm not as young as I like to think and suspension helps with comfort, but adds maintenance. The fox forks are immaculate as I bought them new, swapped the lowers and have only done around 20 miles as were on a garage queen until I sold the frame.

Appreciate it is a 1st world problem, but I'm struggling to solve it myself.

Another quandary as a result of all this is brakes. GT is a done deal,but on the DBR, purple Paul's or black kcnc vb1?

Opinions please, I've lost my decisive mojo.

Cheers

Re:

imho - fuggit, just give all that krap to me ... and leave it on my shouldes to sort it all out!!

:idea: ;)

Re:

Neither bike is leaving the stable, just trying to work out which fork (and brake) to build them with before I have to cull the surplus to 'make room' for the downsize in storage I'll be facing soon.

Back