For this one I drove a 1000 miles... Jamis Cross Country

Jamis Diablo":1uudi8l8 said:
Thanks, I'd love to see some pics of that.
The ones with the double crown, the DH version is called El Diablo.

Actually, to get all Jamis Diablo geeky :cool:... it's not an El Diablo... which if I'm correct has a black rear triangle and was the original name for a year(?) before they changed it to just plain "Diablo". Mine was a Diablo Comp frame, (I had the choice between colours of rear triangles) since I thought the orange would be a good colour (comp came with orange in the back as opposed to red or black, the other two colour choices.) The frame was new old stock, two years, and selling for peanuts on Jensonusa, a popular internet bike store in the states. The front forks are orange manitou double crown x-verts.

...in hindsight, I wish I had bought several of the frames... still one of my favourite bikes to ride. :D

Outdone!

I thought I was bad because I drove to Warminster, then Kettering for a Saracen, a Marin and a Merlin...

You have outdone me by a factor of four - and for just one bike!

Do you know what? I love it, looks really sweet. Nothing wrong with some good honest patina :cool:

I hope you remembered to wave at my Dakota when you went past Erlangen :D

It looks really nice, and a lot nicer than the one I picked up a few weeks back (that was only a 230 mile round trip though :oops: ).
I will get some pics up soon Jeroen, I promise!!

Back