for sale gt sts 1000 ds

jrrally

Retro Newbie
for sale is my much cared for and beloved gt sts 1000 ds.
ive owned it since new in 1997.
its still on original tyres! only been used a handful of times, but stored since.
only item not original is the seat, i fitted a more comfortable unit.
bike is in great condition, all bearings are good, shock and fork are plush and leak free, drive chain has no wear on it.
only negative is the original graphics are flaking off. these are available on internet if you wanted them .

it was over £6000! new it really is in great condition and im only selling as i want a new model downhill bike.

priced sensibly at £1500 ono

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 1,089
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 1,089
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 1,089
Hi, and welcome to the forum.

This is the same bike which is advertised on eBay at the moment, right? It's a 1998 model.

I don't recall them ever being over £6000 new (or £5000 as you stated on the eBay advert). In fact, bikepedia has them listed at $3,399 with the exact same spec as yours.

We're not supposed to comment on prices, so it might be worth having a search on the forum to see what other STS' have sold for. It looks like a great example of one, but I fear that you'll struggle to reach anywhere near your asking price.

Good luck with the sale anyway :)

hi , well thanks for youre notes. its a typo on my part at £6000:-(! it should be £5000, but thats what i paid in 1997 for it . or the equivalent in dollars, as i purchased it while over in the usa at the time.

cheers

U might wana search for a previous sts1 with spin wheels which sold recently on eBay for 1200 pound and was running top spec bits

Think u might be over priced on ur Sts bike

Back